Re: [learningfromeachother] Re: Meeting our friends: pam,Andrius,David,maria and others

  • Coordinating Committee
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 26, 2007
      Hi friends,
      We really are very sorry for we were unable to join the chat this afternoon as agreed. There are many many problems down here that made this impossible to communicate with you today. First, there was no access to the facilities as the system administrator Cizor disappeared dispite having informed him and the college authorities of our meeting today. The college principal was also not cooperative and the college administrator, Sr. Euphemia was not around.
      Actually the principal claimed not to be aware that we were supposed to be around today as  according to her we have already spent all the money that was paid during the training workshop.

      Actually as David has already mentioned, we are in real need of our own information center (ICT center) where our schools ie teachers,students and the community at large can access information.

      We did meet the local educational authorities as David has mentioned to you all, and they are out to work with us, and we hope all you friends and other collaborators will also come in and assist us realise our dream. We will be meeting the DEO this coming wednesday 31st october 2007 to discuss further on this issue.

      All the same teachers are really commited to this project and are working to see it succed.
       Our next meeting will be on the 30th Nov 2007 at 2.00pm kenyan time and probably be able to chat if all goes well.

      with warm regards.

      William Kimeu
      Urbanus Mbithi
      Josphat Munyao
      Evelyn Munguti

      CODKENYA.

      David mutua <davenzainga@...> wrote:
      Dear Pam, Andrius, Maria, TT Kenya and all our friends,
      I also report to you that i have been unable to access the chat  for the meeting today, same message comes as Andrius.
      Please because of the teachers who have traveled from far and have taken time out of office we can try yahoo messenger, i understand we all have expectations and left our important activities.

      I had a meeting with TT kenya coordinating team on wednesday, they are really facing problems with the center they usually meet, this are thay dont have authority over the place, internet connectivity is slow, they experience power cuts, its far from most of the schools, head teachers cant give permission to attend meetings because it is exerm time in Kenya and can't have certainity about planning for meetings.... i booked an appointment with the District Education Officer the same day to discuss these problems but with the team were able to meet his deputy, a meeting on wednesday next week was scheduled -31st OCT.

      We hope to discuss issues around collabolations in establishishing a Community Learning,Informatio n and Communication Center at Kangundo that can ennable teacher access the facilities, ICT enabled trainings, supply of ICT equipment to schools and communities in the area and facilitate other ICT enabled projects, this will be the first project in the district.

      COL that supported TT Kenya is willing to support more ICT enabled projects if we can build collaborations and networks, i appeal to our friends in this thread and others to look into this project and give their support and i personally assure you that you will never be dissapointed.

      pls join us to make a change for the better.

      With warm regards,

      ms@.... lt wrote:
      I have been unable to access the chat room for the meeting today. The
      connection keeps timing out. I don't know if any one else has been able to
      get there. If anyone is at the chat room and also accessing LFEO emails, or
      TT emails, please give my greetings to those in the chat room, and say I am
      sorry I am still outside ;-)
      Pam

      Pamela, I apologize for this.
      Sasha, thank you for alerting me.
      I have alerted our hosting company, Elneta. In the future, please feel free
      to alert them directly, write to aras@...

      Greetings from Oaxaca, Mexico.

      http://www.ms. lt
      ms@...

      Each letter sent to Learning From Each Other enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN unless it explicitly states otherwise http://www.ethicalp ublicdomain. org Please be kind to our authors!
      Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/learningfr omeachother/

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/learningfr omeachother/ join
      (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
      mailto:learningfrom eachother- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
      mailto:learningfrom eachother- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

      http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

      David N. Mutua
      CAWD Regional Coordinator/ Returned VSO Volunteer,
      ICT4D and Education Consultant.
      Tel: +254 720 462 559
      E-mail: david@... or davenzainga@ yahoo.com
      Websites: http://www.cawd. info