Re: [learningfromeachother] State of immagency (emergency) in uganda

  • David mutua
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2007
      Hi Fred and All,
      I really sympathise with our neighbours in Uganda, Its
      sad that our governments don't put their citizens and
      hard work earned property as priority, this is the
      same situation in Kenya year after a year when it
      rains especially around Nyanza and Coastal regions.

      We always look at short term solutions when the
      problem arises and forget immediatly after the rains
      are gone and it happens again and again every rainy
      season. Lots of dollars are wasted at this point with
      focus not to control the situation for a long term
      I think commuities should be sensitized to develop
      grassroot initiatives that address their own needs and
      build structures that can lobby for support for a long
      term control plans.

      Its sad to loose property earned after a long time in
      one day through something we can control, there is no
      sense of Government, organisations and people
      investing in communities if they have no security or
      disaster control measures.

      Fred i am with you and your friends in prayers and
      hope we can build a team that can sensitise for long
      term solutions.

      David

      http://sims.yahoo.com/