Re: [learningfromeachother] State of immagency (emergency) in uganda

  • Janet Feldman
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007

      Hello Dear Fred, Pam, and All,

      So very sorry to hear abt the terrible situation in parts of Uganda, Fred, esp as some areas are already hit by war and terrible deprivation.  Pam has written a caring and pro-active response, in addition to asking some tough but important questions (and making a needed contribution, with a leap of faith in the outcome!).

      Our prayers, hopes for improvement, and caring are with the people of Uganda, and we are with you personally in spirit and with love!  Janet

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
        Thanks Janet,Pam for the quick action
        For me right now am not affected personaly with floods
        because were am staying they are not there but they
        are now reached the cetral part of the country and
        thats were ilve so soon may bethey are coming to my
        home
        but am affected because my many friends have lost
        their propeties.

        Pam to be honest icannot tell which organisation
        because am not affiliated to anyy but i can see the
        UN, and other NGOS here aare helping alot
        the christian churches here are also collecting any
        kind of help in money, drugs, clothes and many items
        at least this one is near me.
        and am also taking there some cloths that ihave for
        those who lost there cloths in water.

        Just fill free to ask me .

        ---------------------------------

        https://secure.go2.ie/selfhelp/Main/uganda2.asp

[...]

      • David mutua
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2007
          Hi Fred and All,
          I really sympathise with our neighbours in Uganda, Its
          sad that our governments don't put their citizens and
          hard work earned property as priority, this is the
          same situation in Kenya year after a year when it
          rains especially around Nyanza and Coastal regions.

          We always look at short term solutions when the
          problem arises and forget immediatly after the rains
          are gone and it happens again and again every rainy
          season. Lots of dollars are wasted at this point with
          focus not to control the situation for a long term
          I think commuities should be sensitized to develop
          grassroot initiatives that address their own needs and
          build structures that can lobby for support for a long
          term control plans.

          Its sad to loose property earned after a long time in
          one day through something we can control, there is no
          sense of Government, organisations and people
          investing in communities if they have no security or
          disaster control measures.

          Fred i am with you and your friends in prayers and
          hope we can build a team that can sensitise for long
          term solutions.

          David

          http://sims.yahoo.com/