Re: [learningfromeachother] State of immagency in uganda

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
      Dear Fred (then everyone)

      I do not know how to respond to your email.  In some ways we have become close and yet in reality we are still so far apart.. I am wondering about your personal situation and want to ask you more - but what is the good if I cannot follow up with practical action.

      Everyone - More information about the floods is of course available through the usual news channels and a google search on "Ugandan floods state of emergency" provides links.  It seems that all we can do is respond with donations through the usual channels.

      The first one that I found with a direct link to the Uganda floods was:
      It is the first time I have made a donation through the "Selfhelp" organisation so I do not know how effective they are.  The currency they use is Euros.  Afterward I realised they had not offered a UK gift aid option, so the possible additional tax rebate was lost to the gift.  However they do seem to have good grass roots links so I hope that means they are effective.

      Fred maybe you can give us feedback about which organisations you do see on the ground making a difference so that in future we will know the best channels to use.

      Pam

      On 04/10/2007, fdkayiwa <fdkayiwa@...> wrote:

      We have got avery bad moments in uganda to an exitent that the govt
      has announced state of emergency in the noth and easten uganda
      because of flood and the govt is seeking the help of any type to these
      people
      the president is sleeping now in these areas its now aweek.
      its terible