eLearning Africa 2008 (Ghana) Opens Call for Proposals: Submit to December 7th

  • Janet Feldman
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2007

      Dear All!

      Here is exciting news, and hope a number of us will submit something!  To those among us with Ghana links--Prince, Kafui, Osei, Hisenburg, and Jeremiah--this is your chance to shine a deserved spotlight on your work!!   All best wishes, Janet

      eLearning Africa 2008 Opens Call for Proposals

      The 3rd eLearning Africa conference, which will take place from May 28
      to 30, 2008, in Ghana's capital Accra, has opened its Call for
      Proposals.

      The event, organised by ICWE GmbH and Hoffmann & Reif, focuses on
      Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) for Development,
      Education and Training in Africa. Serving as a Pan-African platform,
      eLearning Africa links a network of decision makers from governments
      and administrations with universities, schools, governmental and
      private training providers, industry, and important partners in
      development cooperation.

      Suggestions for sessions, presentations, workshops and discussions can
      be submitted until December 7 via an online form at
      http://www.elearning-africa.com/proposals.php

    • David mutua
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2007
        Hi Janet,
        Thanks for the information, well done.

        --- Janet Feldman <kaippg@...> wrote:

        > Dear All!
        >
        > Here is exciting news, and hope a number of us will
        > submit something! To those among us with Ghana
        > links--Prince, Kafui, Osei, Hisenburg, and
        > Jeremiah--this is your chance to shine a deserved
        > spotlight on your work!! All best wishes, Janet
        >

        > eLearning Africa 2008 Opens Call for Proposals
        >
        > The 3rd eLearning Africa conference, which will take
        > place from May 28
        > to 30, 2008, in Ghana's capital Accra, has opened
        > its Call for
        > Proposals.
        >
        > The event, organised by ICWE GmbH and Hoffmann &
        > Reif, focuses on
        > Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) for
        > Development,
        > Education and Training in Africa. Serving as a
        > Pan-African platform,
        > eLearning Africa links a network of decision makers
        > from governments
        > and administrations with universities, schools,
        > governmental and
        > private training providers, industry, and important
        > partners in
        > development cooperation.
        >
        > Suggestions for sessions, presentations, workshops
        > and discussions can
        > be submitted until December 7 via an online form at
        > http://www.elearning-africa.com/proposals.php

      • tom ochuka
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2007
          Dear Janet and all,
          It was exellent this opened our eyes especially
          thedeaf in Ahero,through hs we met Maria and Sam ..we
          are alrady working on some strategies of developing
          communication centres for the deaf in Ahero and Media
          prints lie newsletter etc.
          We just participated in the last conference..this
          time we look fward to make apresentation and at the
          same time make an exhibitin explainning exactly how to
          reach to this group agrassroot methodto contribute to
          ecconomy when one is disabled.
          Thanks JANET..We are looking for orgs to back us up
          and surport furthrt our vision.
          BLESSINGS
          DEAFIMPACT.
          --- Janet Feldman <kaippg@...> wrote:

          > Dear All!
          >
          > Here is exciting news, and hope a number of us will
          > submit something! To those among us with Ghana
          > links--Prince, Kafui, Osei, Hisenburg, and
          > Jeremiah--this is your chance to shine a deserved
          > spotlight on your work!! All best wishes, Janet
          >

          > eLearning Africa 2008 Opens Call for Proposals
          >
          > The 3rd eLearning Africa conference, which will take
          > place from May 28
          > to 30, 2008, in Ghana's capital Accra, has opened
          > its Call for
          > Proposals.
          >
          > The event, organised by ICWE GmbH and Hoffmann &
          > Reif, focuses on
          > Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) for
          > Development,
          > Education and Training in Africa. Serving as a
          > Pan-African platform,
          > eLearning Africa links a network of decision makers
          > from governments
          > and administrations with universities, schools,
          > governmental and
          > private training providers, industry, and important
          > partners in
          > development cooperation.
          >
          > Suggestions for sessions, presentations, workshops
          > and discussions can
          > be submitted until December 7 via an online form at
          > http://www.elearning-africa.com/proposals.php

        • Prince Obiri-Mainoo
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2, 2007
            Hello Janet and Friends,

            Just to inform you of my safe return to the United States yesterday from the EuroAfrica ICT  Conference in Brussels. I will have time to share a little more on the conference later but thank you Janet for sending this reminder. I am looking at the various topics and issues that need to be addressed and see whether to present a paper or team up with other colleagues as mentioned in Janet's message below for the same cause. Kafui, Osei, Hisenburg,  Jeremiah, and others not mentioned, please let's consult together asap to know what to do towards this important conference. Thank God, the offices of the National Africa Foundation in Ghana are almost ready. This means I will be in Ghana for greater part of 2008 and thereafter to get involved in the Ghana/Africa- ICT/eLearning initiatives which our continent so desperately needs to break out from issues that have traditionally clouded our future development

            Thank you Janet, once again for your passion for Africa, like most other members on the forum, for the good job! Individually and collectively, you are sacrificing time and other resources to ensure that Africa gets the ultimate breakthrough it rightly deserves in the course of mobilizing its people towards effective participation in the global economy. B-R-A-V-O!

            Prince

            Janet Feldman <kaippg@...> wrote:

[...]

            Prince M. Obiri-Mainoo
            M. Ed. (Technology in Education)
            Executive Director

            National Africa Foundation
            http://www.nationalafricafoundation.org
            P. O. Box 30237
            Worcester, MA 01602-0237
            U. S. A.

            Tel: + 1 508-425-4614
            Fax: +1 (508) 949-3222

            E-mail: nationalafrica@...

            Your gifts and abilities could become lasting legacies for generations to come. Use them now to bless humanity!

            “Only the best is good enough for Africa” Rev. Dr. James E. Kwegyir Aggrey (1875-1927) -An eminent Ghanaian clergy, missionary, educationist and visionary!

            Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

          • kayiwa fred
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 2, 2007
              Hi Janet and all,
              Am happy for the intresting news about the confrence
              in ghana
              am going to tell some guys here iknow in ICT and see
              if they can participate
              I also look forward if i can be funded to participate.