Re: [holistichelping] Saturday we'll try to chat with David Sasaki

  • Janet Feldman
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2007
      Dear All,

      This is excellent news! I have been in contact with David myself, and have networked widely for his trip to individuals and orgs in Uganda, Kenya, and Rwanda. Included have been Dennis and the rest of the JUMP team in Kenya(www.jumptochangetheworld.org), as well as the Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS (www.youthaidscoalition.org), ActALIVE (www.actalive.org), and more.

      He has indicated that he'll be joining some of our forums upon his return, and hope that a number of us will be active at the Rising Voices forum and with Rising Voices projects.

      David, I've previously posted to Holistic Helping and other MS-related groups asking our members about the possibility of translating your citizen guide into different languages, and querying Andrius and others about working in some partnership capacity along those lines.

      This was partly in the context of the grant process, but this seems both important and "do-able" regardless of whether funds enter the picture.

      I believe in your original posting on the Rising Voices project--which both myself and Pam McLean (Learning From Each Other) saw separately and posted to our respective MS forums (a case of great minds thinking alike, haha!)--that you mentioned this avenue as a way for RV and others to work together.

      It will be great if that can be discussed this weekend, and in our various forums, so that we can help RV to spread your citizen media guide globally, and we in turn get the benefit of such an invaluable resource.

      The questions (below) you have posed are a very useful place to start, and if you'd find this helpful, David, I'm sure myself and others can send the url for the PDF--along with the questions--to a number of forums and individuals, so that you might have wide feedback (which you will also hopefully get from the members of all of the forums cc'd!).

      If I can be at the chat myself I will be (am still a full-time caregiver for my father, which makes it hard to commit to anything time-wise), and otherwise hope that many members of the groups cc'd will take part.

      With all best wishes and artistic admirations, Janet (Feldman, KAIPPG International and ActALIVE, kaippg@...)