Re: TT Kenya 2007

  • minciusodas
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 20, 2007
      Pamela,

      I have put up this message:
      Teachers Talking Kenya invites us to chat with them on Friday,
      September 21, starting 15:30 Kenya time, 13:30 London, 8:30 New York.

      and I will try to be there and I invite Sasha and all of us to
      interact with the Teachers Talking Kenya groups and be true to their
      hopes!

      I can update us further on the USB Flash Drive Editor (Ricardo has
      been doing great work) and the flash drives. These next few days I
      have to focus on my Lithuanian income taxes and also completing the
      first part of the Global Utopias Video Bridges project.

      +370 699 30003
      Vilnius, Lithuania

      --- In learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com, "Pamela McLean"
      <pam@...> wrote:

      > LFEO group
      > You are invited to join the TT Kenya participants at their first
      monthly
      > follow up group meeting "on Friday". See email below. My
      recollection was
      > that they were to meet on the last Friday of the month - but I
      wonder from
      > the email below if it is to be this week. I hope we will get
      clarification.

      > Andrius
      > I hope it will work ok for you if the group members come to the
      chat room.
      > The TT Kenya participants were very excited about Evelyn's visit
      to the chat
      > room, and were disappointed when power cuts prevented more
      participants
      > chatting on the following days.
      >
      > Andrius
      > You mentioned chatting tomorrow. I am out for much of the
      afternoon so may
      > not be able to join you. I plan to be free for the first Thursday
      of the
      > month (although I could not make it during the Kenya trip). I have
      not
      > planned to keep every other Thursday afternoon free for chat -
      although I
      > like to join in when I can. If there is a chance to chat one day
      before the
      > TT participants chat I would be happy to give a bit more
      information to you,
      > Sasha, or any others who might join in so the background detail
      are better
      > known and the main TT chat session can hit the ground running.
      >
      > Pam

      Kenyan
      > time.
      >
      > We will have three groups with one representative join in the
      chat room.
      > Please, arrange with Andrius, Sasha and the other members to join
      us then.

      > Looking forward to hearing from you then.
      >
      > CodKenya.
      >

      > *Pamela McLean <pam@...>* wrote:
      >
      > I am copying this email to the LearningFromEachOther Group (LFEO),
      > introduce the TT (Teachers Talking) Kenya committee, and to give
      the
      > committee the LFEO address. I will send the email to the TT Kenya
      > Coordinating Committee as a blind copy so I do not spread their
      email
      > address.
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      > Hello Teachers Talking Kenya co-ordinating committee.
      >
      > I am so happy to hear from you - William, Josphat, Evelyn and
      Willington.
      > Thank you for sending me your address, and for the invitation to
      join your
      > committee - an invitation which I will be happy to accept. Please
      let me
      > know how you are setting things up. If you have agreed a
      constitution please
      > let me know what it says. When you have your meetings please let
      me know
      > what you discuss and decide.
      >
      > My journey home was good thank you. David and I had to get up
      really early -
      > at 4.30 in the morning - but we managed to do so, and got to the
      airport in
      > good time.
      >
      > I would like to invite you to join the yahoo group
      LearningFromEachOther
      > (LFEO). It is a group which I lead with Andrius Kulikauscus. He is
      the
      > Andrius who you met in the chat room (it is his chat room). I
      think you
      > know that we try to hold regular meetings in the chat room on the
      first
      > Thursday of each month. We usually use the LFEO group to decide
      the topic
      > for discussion. (Other things get discussed in the LFEO group too -
      some
      > things will be of interest to you, some will not.) I imagine it
      would be
      > hard for you to get to the Thursday chats, but you might like to
      know what
      > is being planned.
      >
      > I suggest that you join LFEO for a couple of reasons.
      >
      > The first reason is that I know many of the TT Kenya participants
      wanted to
      > copy Evelyn and visit the chat room. They were very disappointed
      when power
      > failures prevented us from going online again during the course.
      We agreed
      > that it would be a good idea to visit the chat room again during
      the follow
      > up meetings, which are to be held on the last Friday of the month.
      If you
      > introduce yourselves to the LFEO group members and tell them about
      your
      > meetings then there is a good chance that some of them will try to
      join you
      > in the chat room on the first Friday when you decide to be there.
      >
      > The other reason is that there are people at LFEO who will be
      interested to
      > meet you, and people that I think you will be interested to meet.
      There are
      > people from other locations in Africa, who share your problems in
      getting
      > online. There are also people who are bandwidth-rich who want a
      better
      > understanding of what it means to be in rural Africa and to be
      bandwidth
      > poor.
      >
      > LFEO is a group where we learn form each other, especially about
      using ICT
      > effectively to help us to learn.
      >
      > I hope you will join.
      >
      > Warm regards
      >
      > Pam
      >
      > On 12/09/2007, Coordinating Committee <codkenya@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hallo Pam,
      > >
      > > How was your journey back? This is the co - ordinating
      committee's email -
      > > codkenya@... .
      > >
      > > This are the members:
      > > - William Muisyo Kimeu
      > > - Josphat Mutua Munyao
      > > - Evelyn Mumbi Munguti
      > > - Willington Maweu Kitonyi
      > >
      > > We invite you to join the committee.
      > >
      > > We shall continue communicating.
      > >
      > > Bye.
      > >
      > > Committee, Kenya.
      > >
      > > ------------------------------
      > > Don't let your dream ride pass you by. Make it a
      reality<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51200/*http://autos.yahoo.com/inde
      x.html;_ylc=X3oDMTFibjNlcHF0BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDY
      XV0b3MtZHJlYW1jYXI->with Yahoo! Autos.

      > ------------------------------
      > Don't let your dream ride pass you by. Make it a

      reality<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51200/*http://autos.yahoo.com/inde
      x.html;_ylc=X3oDMTFibjNlcHF0BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDY
      XV0b3MtZHJlYW1jYXI->with
      > Yahoo! Autos.

    • fdkayiwa
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 21, 2007
        Today ihave met David sasaki and he is agood man with developmental
        idears
      • David mutua
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 25, 2007
          Andrius, Pam and All,
          A point of correction, teachers talking Kenya first
          online meeting is on the 28th September 2007 thus this
          Friday.
          I am meeting the coordinating committee tomorrow to
          plan for the meeting and make sure the center is ok
          for the expected teachers, from today i will make
          calls to those teachers that attended the training to
          confirm their attendance and share a few
          experiences/testmonies at the meeting, with the team
          we will confirm expected teachers and those who will
          coordinate the meeting to avoid confusion.

          Cheers,

          David Mutua
          TT Kenya Project Manager and Coordinator.

          http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658