Re: Subject TT Kenya 2007 – Mon Aug 27th – Fri 31st

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2007
      Update
      WE cannot join chat tomorrow as there will be no power here, but we hope to be online again on Friday afternoon.
      All TT participants now have email address, and most have joined the Teachers Talking yahoo group. When they have had practice of using that group I will invite them to join LFEO. - but I don't want to flood the LFEO members mail boxes while we are learning ;-)
      Pam

      , Pamela McLean <pam@...> wrote:
      You are invited to get involved in a TT course that David Mutua and I
      are presenting this coming week Mon Aug 27th – Fri 31st for teachers
      from the Kangundo district in Kenya.  The teachers who are
      participants on the course will have four practical online sessions –
      Tuesday to Friday. All being well they will be online sometime between
      2pm and 4pm Kenyan time, 12 noon-2pm London time  (11am to 1pm GMT).

      On Tuesday we hope to get email addresses for all the participants and
      then start to register them for TT. Once they are registered it would
      be very exciting for them if they start to hear from people in other
      places.

      I would love them to be in contact with the LFEO group. However I do
      not want them to flood LFEO with emails when they are first learning
      to work in a group. For this reason I will ask them to join a
      different group called Teachers Talking. I invite anyone in LFEO who
      would like to join with these TT participants to join the TT group,
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CawdTeachersTalking/
      If you would check your emails for news from the TT participants and
      email some responses it would give them a wonderful welcome to the
      "connected communities" of the Internet.

      On Thursday we are also hoping to demonstrate a chat room. We will try
      to visit Andrius' chat room  (Sorry I don't have the link with me to
      quote – I am preparing this email on David's laptop, not online -
      perhaps someone could provide the link). I will be hoping that if we
      do get to the chat room we will find someone to chat to.  Please
      consider coming along.

      Hoping to read from you - through the group here list or at the
      chatroom .  Enjoy meeting the participants on the course