Chat room plans

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26, 2007
      Andrius Sasha and all those who chat

      Latest news - David and I met co-ordinating committee yesterday, and I
      have seen the place where we will do the training. This promises to be
      an exciting scheme very relevant to MS lab. It will be great if you
      can chat to participants at the chat room during their course, start
      to get to know each other and give the participants a wider vision of
      the potential of online communities.

      During the TT course we will be telling people about chat rooms.

      It is most likely that our opportunity to visit a chat room will be
      Thursday afternoon - sometime between 2.00 and 4.00 pm Kenyan time.
      Probably it will be after 2.30 but I will try to make
      it sooner.

      I will be showing the participants Andrius' chat room, and I hope they
      will find people to chat with there. If you know in advance that you
      will be there please say so – it would be wonderful to know they will
      find people there….

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 27, 2007
        Pamela,

        Great! I have put the announcement of our chat this Thursday:

        PamelaMcLean is in Kenya until September 6, 2007. She invites us to chat
        with her TeachersTalking participants on Thursday, August 30th, 7:30 am
        New York time, 12:30 pm London, 2:30 pm Nairobi.

        I will be there from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm Nairobi time if anybody might
        like to chat. Who would like to join us?

        Also, Pamela, please ask your participants and others you meet, which of
        our lab's working groups they'd like to join. I include a list below
        and it is also at http://www.worknets.org It's great if they might
        belong to different groups according to their interests because they can
        then share news and connections. In particular, Josephat Ndibalema
        leads our new group in Kiswahili, Haki Elimu Rafiki.

        Hi to David, Samwel and all!

        +370 699 30003
        Vilnius, Lithuania

        * GlobalVillages led by FranzNahrada for a livable world by sharing
        knowledge in a global network of villages - linked by networks of
        virtual and physical cooperation, using tools like video bridges
        * FightingPeacefully led by ElunedHurn for energetically,
        nonviolently working for peace
        * SocialAgriculture led by SteveBosserman for social justice that
        provides a steady supply of affordable, healthy food
        * HolisticHelping led by JanetFeldman for Helping in every direction
        at once, with special attention to the HIV/AIDS challenge in Africa
        * LearningFromEachOther led by PamelaMcLean for developing
        DistanceLearning systems, especially for self-directed learners with
        marginal Internet access
        * Cyfranogi led by JohnRogers for creating our own
        CommunityCurrency, OpenEconomy, ParticipatorySociety
        * LovingGod for inviting God as a leader and fostering his leadership
        * Karangal led by GeorgeChristianJeyaraj for HelpingOthers,
        especially technical help with computers
        * BackToTheRoot led by JeffBuderer for being connected to ourselves,
        living sustainably and growing as leaders
        * WorkingInParallel for creating, adapting and using
        ToolsForThinking, OnlineWorkspaces, LearningEnvironments ... we're
        seeking a leader!
        * LivingByTruth led by AndriusKulikauskas for seeking a conceptual
        understanding of everything
        * MeaningfulInclusion led by MarkusPetz for vigorous
        SocialNetworking that includes everybody in profound ways
        * Mendenyo (Men without food) led by SamwelKongere for motivating
        ourselves to achieve more, investing in WiFi Internet access
        * FluPandemic led by LucasGonzalezSantaCruz for collaborative
        creativity, especially to save lives in the event of a pandemic flu
        * EthicalDesign led by JamesFerguson for developing and promoting
        city codes that lead to ecological architecture
        * TheOptimalLife led by SteveBonzak for understanding the optimal
        life and how living things work
        * OpenSourceEcology led by MarcinJakubowski
        * EcoBnB led by RickNelson
        * OneReachingAnother led by FredKayiwa
        * NafsiAfrikaSaana led by Kennedy Owino

        In Lithuanian:

        * Talka led by ZenonasAnusauskas for discovering collective ways in
        creative work

        In German:

        * NewCraft led by ChristineAx for reinventing manual work for a
        humancentric world

        In Kiswahili:

        * HakiElimuRafiki led by JosephatNdibalema in Kiswahili

        Pamela McLean wrote:
        > Andrius Sasha and all those who chat
        >
        > Latest news - David and I met co-ordinating committee yesterday, and I
        > have seen the place where we will do the training. This promises to be
        > an exciting scheme very relevant to MS lab. It will be great if you
        > can chat to participants at the chat room during their course, start
        > to get to know each other and give the participants a wider vision of
        > the potential of online communities.
        >
        > During the TT course we will be telling people about chat rooms.
        >
        > It is most likely that our opportunity to visit a chat room will be
        > Thursday afternoon - sometime between 2.00 and 4.00 pm Kenyan time.
        > Probably it will be after 2.30 but I will try to make
        > it sooner.
        >
        > I will be showing the participants Andrius' chat room, and I hope they
        > will find people to chat with there. If you know in advance that you
        > will be there please say so – it would be wonderful to know they will
        > find people there….
        >
        > Pam
        >

        > Each letter sent to Learning From Each Other enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN unless it explicitly states otherwise http://www.ethicalpublicdomain.org Please be kind to our authors!
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • samuel kongere
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2007
          All,

           i arrived in Nairobi this morning and preparing to meet Pamela with ken Owino. David is going to pick us up.
          Happy day.

          Pamela McLean wrote:
          > Andrius Sasha and all those who chat
          >
          > Latest news - David and I met co-ordinating committee yesterday, and I
          > have seen the place where we will do the training. This promises to be
          > an exciting scheme very relevant to MS lab. It will be great if you
          > can chat to participants at the chat room during their course, start
          > to get to know each other and give the participants a wider vision of
          > the potential of online communities.
          >
          > During the TT course we will be telling people about chat rooms.
          >
          > It is most likely that our opportunity to visit a chat room will be
          > Thursday afternoon - sometime between 2.00 and 4.00 pm Kenyan time.
          > Probably it will be after 2.30 but I will try to make
          > it sooner.
          >
          > I will be showing the participants Andrius' chat room, and I hope they
          > will find people to chat with there. If you know in advance that you
          > will be there please say so – it would be wonderful to know they will
          > find people there….
          >
          > Pam
          >

          > Each letter sent to Learning From Each Other enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN unless it explicitly states otherwise http://www.ethicalpublicdomain.org Please be kind to our authors!
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Each letter sent to Learning From Each Other enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN unless it explicitly states otherwise http://www.ethicalpublicdomain.org Please be kind to our authors!
          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto:learningfromeachother-digest@yahoogroups.com
          mailto:learningfromeachother-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Samwel Okech kongere
          Nyamuga primary school
          P.O BOX 191,
          MBITA  040305-KENYA.
          Cell: +254 725 600 439

        • fdkayiwa
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3, 2007
            --Am so sorry to hear the death of our members brother
            may His soul rest in peace Hope we shall meet again in the heaven.