3446Re: [learningfromeachother] Our aspirations for 2014 - You are invited to First Thursday - January 2nd

  • ACTWID KONGADZEM
    Jan 3, 2014
      Dear Pamela, Andrius ,Janet Feldman and all,
      Thanks for sharing with ACTWID Cameroon.
      We all wish all of you a very peaceful and prosperous New Year 2014
      Sincerely ACTWID board led by Wendi Losha ,National President

      On Thursday, January 2, 2014 12:39 PM, Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...> wrote:

      Pamela,

      Thank you for your invitation to your First Thursday chat which I share
      also with my online group Living by Truth. Pamela McLean lives in
      London, UK, is interested in online learning, and puts that in practice
      with her colleagues in Nigeria and Africa in general.

      She invites us to share our aspirations for 2014 and join her for
      discussion. I may not be able to make it today, but at least I want to
      share my aspirations and I invite us all to do likewise.

      In 2014, I want to write an e-book of several hundred pages that shares
      all that I've learned in my lifelong quest to know everything and apply
      that knowledge usefully. I have already written a summary:
      http://www.selflearners.net/thetruth.pdf
      I want to clarify the kind of culture I seek. I wish to find people who
      would like to work together to foster that culture. I want to learn how
      to apply myself to encourage that.

      In January, I will launch a fundraiser at http://www.kickstarter.com to
      raise at least $1,000 of support for me to write my e-book. This would
      be a significant support and also would help me know my audience.

      I will write my book here in Lithuania and finish by June. I may also
      teach a related creativity course if I receive support from the US
      Embassy. I would like to try to illustrate my ideas with music and song
      as I have with visual arts.

      On June 13, I fly to Chicago. I will do art shows at the Lithuanian
      Youth Center near 55th and Western and at the South Side Community Art
      Center in Bronzeville. I will present my book, illustrate its ideas and
      engage the public, including other artists and thinkers.

      Overall, I'm very interested to learn from others how my ideas may be
      relevant and useful to them and how we could work together. They have to
      do with knowing ourselves, the limits of our minds, the ways of figuring
      things out, how to listen to God, how to recognize eternal life in the
      here and now, and our role in the big picture in life. It's about being
      a "good kid", of fostering our conscience at every moment in life.

      Wishing you a most productive chat,

      +370 607 27 665
      http://www.selflearners.net

      2014.01.01 20:05, Pamela McLean rašė:

      > You are invited to First Thursday
      >
      > * *Date - January 2nd***
      > * *Go to -
      > *http://etherpad.openstewardship.net/January-2014-First-Thursday
      > * *No need to log in *- just click the link and you will arrive at
      > the chat****
      > * *Start time* 14.00 GMT. 15.00 Nigerian time.*For your local time*
      > see The World Clock – Time Zone Converter
      > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html or World Time
      > Buddy
      > http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/
      >
      > It's the first meeting of 2014 so let's take the long view. What are
      > our hopes and challenges for the year ahead? Do we have overlapping
      > interests? How might we help each other?
      >
      > *A possible glitch*
      >
      > There has been a technical problem which we hope will be sorted by
      > tomorrow. Gerry, who kindly hosts First Thursdays on a server in his
      > basement in Chicago, has had a serious malfunction which he is working
      > to rectify. He hopes it will be okay by tomorrow, but if you do have
      > problems connecting don't keep trying. Instead, I suggest two other
      > possible options:
      >
      > 1. Send me an email of your hopes, challenges and interests for 2014,
      > and I'll share them in a blog post on www.dadamac.net
      > <http://www.dadamac.net>
      > 2. Join me on Skype ( typing not talking) for an alternative First
      > Thursday chat - but only if the etherpad is not working.
      >
      > *My hopes, challenges and interests*
      >
      > To kick off - and to save time during the meeting I'll share my hopes,
      > challenges and interests now
      >
      > For myself I hope to bring various things together this year - and I
      > hope that First Thursdays will play a part.
      >
      > As you may know, I'm very interested in 21st century lifestyles,
      > learning and livelihoods.
      > "21st century lifestyles" means I'm interested in how the internet
      > affects us and how it can help us.
      >
      > My learning interest is mainly about our self-directed learning
      > journeys, i.e. how we learn by doing and by finding out what others
      > know rather than going on formal taught courses.
      >
      > Livelihoods and lifestyles is about making our way in life - not just
      > finding a paid job, but doing things that add value in other ways, and
      > also doing things in new ways (or by rediscovering old ways) -
      > appropriate technology, permaculture etc.
      >
      > *Using First Thursday*
      >
      > I'm interested to see how we can best use "First Thursdays" meetings
      > to learn from each other.
      >
      > *Etherpads*
      >
      > I think that the etherpads are the best place to meet because all that
      > is needed is the url. The challenges include making the most of our
      > time together and capturing the information that we share.
      >
      > *"Usual way of doing things"*
      >
      > At the moment I only invite a handful of people each time because we
      > are still developing our "usual way of doing things" - i.e. if you
      > have a large screen then chat in the chat box and put key facts on the
> [...]

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic