      From: Pamela McLean <pam54321@...>;
      To: learningfromeachother <learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com>; TeachersTalking <CawdTeachersTalking@yahoogroups.com>;
      Subject: [learningfromeachother] You're invited to First Thursday on November 7th
      Sent: Wed, Nov 6, 2013 5:00:32 PM

      We'll agree the details when we meet up, depending who arrives, and what people are currently doing, but these are some of my thoughts on what we might cover:

      • News from everyone
      • Continue exploring our shared interests (that we were discussing at October First Thursday) in young people and unemployment - possible questions to discuss are "What is the local situation?"  and "What do we mean by 'work'?" "Are there ways to create opportunities if there are no 'jobs'?" and "What can we learn from each other in our different locations?"  "Are there ways to improve living standards even if you are not employed?"
      • Dadamac Day 2013, and John Dada's visit to the UK
      • If Gbade is here I'd be interested in an update on his studies about conflict resolution
      • If Jeff is back from his trip (sharing solar power expertise) it would be good to have an update.
      • Changemakers GlobalNet21 and Africa - a new London group that i hope will gradually connect with First Thursdays
      • Whatever else is of interest

      I'm hoping to be welcoming a couple of new contacts from London, who I met recently and who are interested in working more closely with us. It would be lovely to have your help in welcoming them and giving them a flavour of our online community.

      Pamela

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic