3422Re: [learningfromeachother] We grieve Dennis Kimambo

    May 1, 2013
      Dan,
      I'm sorry that I don't know very much at all.
      Dennis was reported missing about one week ago.
      It's been confirmed that he was killed, apparently, as part of a gory crime.
      He leaves a wife, a young daughter, and an unborn baby.
      Andrius

      2013.05.01 06:22, Dan Otedo rašė:

      > Am Shocked! Please give us the details.
      > Dan OTEDO
      > *Kenya ICT Trust Fund**.*P.O box 8475-00100 Nairobi.
      > Tel: +254203745911 .Mobile:+254720366094
      > Email: dotedo@... <mailto:dotedo@...>
      > http:/com/profile/DanAndrewOtedo/twbcanada.ning.
      > <http://twbcanada.ning.com/profile/DanAndrewOtedo>
      >
      > *From:* Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...>
      > *To:* minciu_sodas_EN@yahoogroups.com; help group
      > <holistichelping@yahoogroups.com>; livingbytruth@yahoogroups.com;
      > fightingpeacefully@yahoogroups.com; learningfromeachother
      > <learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com>; "mendenyo@yahoogroups.com"
      > <mendenyo@yahoogroups.com>
      > *Sent:* Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:46 PM
      > *Subject:* [learningfromeachother] We grieve Dennis Kimambo
      >
      > I read today on Facebook that Dennis Kimambo, so wonderfully active in
      > our Pyramid of Peace, http://www.pyramidofpeace.net,/and a creative
      > force in Kenya's community theatre, REPACTED, has been killed. It is a
      > great loss.
      >
      > This tragedy is greatly unexpected. But I wish all of our participants
      > in Kenya to be alert to any signs for concern. I know of intimidation
      > against former participants this year which seems related to the recent
      > elections and the victory of the current President Uhuru Kenyatta (a
      > Kikuyu) and Vice President William Ruto (a Kalenjin), who have been both
      > charged by the International Criminal Court.
      >
      > It was clear to me then, as I wrote publicly then, and discussed with
      > Dennis and others as well, that the violence was not fueled only by
      > anger or revenge, but was being consciously instigated by political
      > thugs, both Kikuyu and Kalenjin, even in collaboration, as if they were
      > seeking a genocide that would alter Kenya in their favor.
      >
      > I don't know of the situation in Kenya nowadays. But please, if you
      > live in Kenya, be mindful and stay in touch with those you knew then,
      > and us, too.
      >
      > I was always so grateful to God that we all survived that time of great
      > violence even as we risked our lives and those of our friends. It was
      > important that we worked publicly and with open hearts. I encourage us
      > to continue in that way, taking many small risks, so we can help each
      > other, rather than large risks.
      >
      > It is mean that Dennis has been killed.
      >
      > Andrius
      >
      > Andrius Kulikauskas
      > ms@... <mailto:ms@...>
      > http://www.selflearners.net/
      > Chicago, Illinois, USA
      > +1 (773) 306-3807
      >
      > I wrote on Facebook:
      >
      > I am sad to learn that Dennis was killed, if I understand correctly. We
      > never met in person, but we worked together as two of the leaders of the
      > Pyramid of Peace to avert genocide in Kenya after the 2008 elections.
      > You can read our interactions online at http://www.pyramidofpeace.net/He
      > was truly a great man, in character, deeds, creativity and love for all
      > people. I don't know any details of his death, and it may simply be a
> [...]
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic