3419We grieve Dennis Kimambo

    Apr 30, 2013
      I read today on Facebook that Dennis Kimambo, so wonderfully active in
      our Pyramid of Peace, http://www.pyramidofpeace.net, and a creative
      force in Kenya's community theatre, REPACTED, has been killed. It is a
      great loss.

      This tragedy is greatly unexpected. But I wish all of our participants
      in Kenya to be alert to any signs for concern. I know of intimidation
      against former participants this year which seems related to the recent
      elections and the victory of the current President Uhuru Kenyatta (a
      Kikuyu) and Vice President William Ruto (a Kalenjin), who have been both
      charged by the International Criminal Court.

      It was clear to me then, as I wrote publicly then, and discussed with
      Dennis and others as well, that the violence was not fueled only by
      anger or revenge, but was being consciously instigated by political
      thugs, both Kikuyu and Kalenjin, even in collaboration, as if they were
      seeking a genocide that would alter Kenya in their favor.

      I don't know of the situation in Kenya nowadays. But please, if you
      live in Kenya, be mindful and stay in touch with those you knew then,
      and us, too.

      I was always so grateful to God that we all survived that time of great
      violence even as we risked our lives and those of our friends. It was
      important that we worked publicly and with open hearts. I encourage us
      to continue in that way, taking many small risks, so we can help each
      other, rather than large risks.

      It is mean that Dennis has been killed.

      http://www.selflearners.net
      Chicago, Illinois, USA
      +1 (773) 306-3807

      I wrote on Facebook:

      I am sad to learn that Dennis was killed, if I understand correctly. We
      never met in person, but we worked together as two of the leaders of the
      Pyramid of Peace to avert genocide in Kenya after the 2008 elections.
      You can read our interactions online at http://www.pyramidofpeace.net He
      was truly a great man, in character, deeds, creativity and love for all
      people. I don't know any details of his death, and it may simply be a
      crime, but he is a person who was central in appreciating in 2008 that
      there were people, I think both Kikuyu and Kalenjin, instigating
      genocide, (much as in Rwanda), and his bold, creative, loving leadership
      was a key to their failure. He is a key person whose death could have
      been politically motivated, for example, to keep him from testifying at
      an international tribunal. I don't know the situation in Kenya since
      then, and I hoped it was better, but I say this to inform those who
      might not know. In any event, his loss is great for himself and his
      family, but also for Kenya and the world.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic