2537Re: [learningfromeachother] Re: Pyramid of Peace one year later

  • Kennedy Owino
    Feb 14, 2009
      Hi Andrius,

      Andrius i admire your great leadership abilities and laud your efforts for having reached out to Koffi Annan and attracting his attention towards the efforts we applied through the Pyramid of Peace.
      We trully helped prevent a genocide in Kenya and i am more than humbled for the compassionate hearts People in other countries, Uganda, Tanzania, Cameroon, Europe, America and others not mentioned developed for Kenya.
      I believe God has a reward for our charitable deeds, human beings can't compesate us enough for what we did.

      I have been concerned about this issue of re-imbursement, and i would also like to add my personal voice.
      It may be right to publicize and get re-imbursed for the efforts that were exerted through the Pyramid Of Peace during the Turmoil period in Kenya, but my sober conscience makes me apprehensive and gives me more to fear about to be involved in this.
      There were concerted efforts  both Locally and Internationally and i don't want to speak on behalf of any person.
      My opinion therefore is that, whatever i did or my actions to stop more deaths in Kenya was out of my own volition and out of the spirit of patriotism to save my heart, my friends and family lives, and save my country from being a statistics of war ravaged countries.
      Many people died and many placed their lives at risk in the process of contributing towards averting violence.
      I risked too, but i am lucky i survived, i can't compare to many who went to more risky limits than i did or those who died.
      There are Heros and Heroines who deserve to be awarded (compesation to me sounds commercial).
      In the minds of others, Re-imbursement would be good, and would help PoP or MSL further it's activities but i request to be withdrawn from any Publicity going on.

      My reasons are clear;
      I don't feel good that re-imbursement is requested for, yet there are thousand of victims still pathetically languishing their lives in Internally Displaced Peoples' camps.
      The Government nor the Co-operate Organisations (being asked for Re-imbursement) are taking no stern measures to address this or to help the victims.
      Why can't we petition the Government and the Co-operate Society to rally funds to help the IDPs?

      At one time, i risked my life by travelling under disguised identity to an area where my tribe was being persecuted and executed in day broad light.
      "They" thought i was one of them and thus others and me, managed to convince "them" to unblock the road blocks.
      The sad killing episodes  that they executed still totures me.
      Kenya is in a healing state, but mild tensions still exist.
      There is Heated Politics doing rounds for the perpetrators of the violence to be investigated in a locally set tribunal or taken to the Hague.
      I value my life most now than anything... i don't want to offer any deep or further explanations.
      I don't want to be consulted or asked to offer my views (in the public Domain/Glare) wether the co-operate organisations - funnily enough managed under deep political influence- would Re-imburse PoP.
      I don't want to campaign for that either, there are more deserving areas requiring my energy.
      Please, i ask cordially that my name and contacts (e-mail or phone number) be taken off from the Article being publicised.

      I wish you all the best.

      Peace,

      Ken Owino