European Union early language learning project

  • joel_josephson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2009
      European Union early learning language project

      The 'Lullabies of Europe' project http://www.lullabies-of-europe.org/ was a funded project within the EU Socrates programme.
      It has collected lullabies in 7 European languages (English, Italian, Greek, Turkish, Danish and Romanian) is now looking at ways to finance a second project to collect more lullabies in additional European languages.

      The first project has been very successful with tens of thousands of children and families using the lullabies to hear and appreciate new languages in a way that interests small children and can resonate later in their learning careers.

      You can hear samples of the lullabies on the website and also animated videos.

      To help raise finance the project has made its lullabies available for digital downloading from iTunes, on the Internet or on a CD. You can find links to both these possibilities from the Lullabies website http://www.lullabies-of-europe.org/

      We have also produced a book with classroom activities and cultural backgrounds to the lullabies. This will be available later
      when finance is available.

      You can write directly to me if you have any queries or questions.

      Joel Josephson
      Partner - Lullabies of Europe
      info@...
      http://www.lullabies-of-europe.org