European Union Lingua Project, Lullabies of Europe

  • joel_josephson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2008
      The Languages from the Cradle is a European Union Lingua project that
      is compiling the most common Lullabies in seven European languages,
      Czech, Danish, English, Greek, Italian, Romanian, and Turkish in
      order to promote language awareness at a young age.

      As part of the project, these lullabies will be available from the
      project website. They will also be available very soon as a DVD, CD,
      and a book, with relevant language awareness activities,
      translations, and explanations, which can be used within schools and
      Kindergartens or by individual families with babies. Information on
      using the lullabies will be included in the project products.

      Further information can be found on the project website at http://
      www.lullabies-of-europe.org/.

      You can get involved in this project in two ways:
      1. By subscribing to the project newsletter so I can keep you updated
      as the project progresses.
      2. By sending us your lullabies. I will put your lullabies on our
      website if they fall within our project criteria. So, if this is of
      interest or you need more information, please write to the email
      address below.

      Thank you and I hope you will be able to contribute to this project.

      Dr. Figen Sat Yilmaz
      Project coordinator
      Çukurova University, Adana, Turkey