Hellos are in the Making

  • Andrew Sikes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2007
      Ahoj... and there sits the barest amount of any Czech that I can
      remember automatically. That and devět, for some reason.

      Outside of English, Czech is the second language that I am seriously
      soaking up. Before that it was Japanese (so far only memorized 500
      kanji... 300 if you account for fading memories.) And here I am,
      attempting a West Slavic language, without any real knowledge of what
      I'm stepping into.

      But it shouldn't be too hard if I keep a long and consistent effort.

      With the Kanji, I had to use associations to remember the meaning of
      words. After awhile I started seeing words in the objects around me. I
      wonder, how does Czech effect your associations?

      With that I am going to press on. I have consonants and vowels to
      force into my tongue's memory. And numbers... whole new numbers.

      *Mad scramble for Czech Hiccup by Hiccup article*

      AH! Na shledanou.