Re: [Learning Czech] Czech Course or Instructor

  • DASHA BOHLEN
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 18, 2006
      THERE IS AN OPTION OF GETTING A CD-PACKAGE CALLED INSTANT IMMERSION AND ANOTHER ONE CALLED ROSETTA STONE AND BOTH OF THESE COMPANIES MAKE LANGUAGE CD'S. I HAVE HEARD THAT BY THE TIME YOU GET THROUGH LEVEL ONE OR WITHIN 6 MONTHS YOU'RE PRETTY MUCH ABLE TO SPEAK VERY BASIC LANGUAGE. THESE TWO COMPANIES HAVE ALMOST EVERY LANGUAGE OUT THERE INCLUDING CZECH AND SLOVAK.  BY THE WAY WHAT AREA ARE U IN?

      ALI <aliholbrook@...> wrote:
      What  area  are  you  in ???

      lilami_03 <lilami_03@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      I am hoping to study in the Czech Republic beginning in the summer of
      2007, but I cannot speak Czech at all.  I would really like to learn
      the language, but I am having a very difficult time finding anyone who
      knows the Czech language (or is even connected to the Czech Republic)
      in my area.  Does anyone have any suggestions for finding someone who
      could tutor me in the language?  Or, perhaps, a thorough self-guided
      course that is usually successful?

      Thank you for any suggestions!

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • hedgius
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 8, 2006
        --- In learning_czech@yahoogroups.com, "lilami_03" <lilami_03@...> wrote:

        > I'm near Oklahoma City.
        >
        > --- In learning_czech@yahoogroups.com, ALI <aliholbrook@> wrote:
        > >
        > > What area are you in ???
        > >
        > > lilami_03 <lilami_03@> wrote: Hi,
        > >
        > > I am hoping to study in the Czech Republic beginning in the summer of
        > > 2007, but I cannot speak Czech at all.

        This is nice page to start with:
        http://www.hedgie.eu/accent/CzLearn.php

        After that, look at the resources (on that site)

        On-line - there are some helpful descussion groups, like this one

        http://www.myczechrepublic.com/boards/index.php?c=8

        Fo a local person, in may be necssary to put an ad into the LOCAL PAPER