Re: I need some help (again)

  • daada_ov_17
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2005
      Your czech is perfect and it doesn´t matter if you misuse some
      endings! You are foreigner and everybody will appreciate your will
      and determination to learn czech which is the most difficult
      language written by Roman characters in the world!!! I keep my
      fingers crossed for you, don´t give up, be special, be better than
      others! I am rendering homage to you!
      Yes, and as far as the "strop"-thing is concerned, it is better to
      say "v koutì" - in the corner, not "v koutu", which is, however,
      correct too :-)!
      Hold on and best wishes! *Dalik

      --- In learning_czech@yahoogroups.com, "Petusek" <petusek@t...>
      wrote:
      > Don't worry about case endings now. You'll learn them gradually -
      via imitation, hard study etc. ;)

      to be less busy, or just more careful, than me and is gonna correct
      my mistakes, I suppose ;)

      > Best,
      >
      > Pet'usek
      >

      > --- In learning_czech@yahoogroups.com, "Petusek" <petusek@t...>
      > wrote:
      > > Thanks for useful and important comments, Dalibor, I'm so busy
      and
      > in such a hurry that many things remain unnoticed by me -
      bohuzel :)
      > As for the "JSOU" problem - another point I seem to have missed.
      > >
      > > However, as far as the "skrín" thing is concerned, I can
      > imagine "ve strope je skrín" (i.e. the wardrobe or case is built
      in
      > the ceiling, so that it looks as a natural part of it),
      whereas "na
      > strope je skrín" is weird, indeed. There's another possibility
      we
      > could use: "U stropu je skrín", where the preposition "u"
      suggests
      > that the top of the wardrobe touches or is very close to the
      ceiling.

      > > Best,
      > >
      > > Pet'usek
      > >
      > > P.S. If the "skrín" were on the surface of the ceiling, it
      would
      > really be "na", as Dalibor mentions, but any hole- or gap-
      > like "object" would be "ve". So, what does the wardrobe actually
      > look like :)?

      The
      > > same on the last line: you´ve got it right: it´s "která" and
      > > not "jterá"-overstrike again.
      > > But, I take exception to using verb plural in the
      sentence "In
      > the
      > > midlle of the living-room...=Uprostøed obývacího pokoje...".
      > Because
      > > it is better (or even the only right possibility) to say:
      > Uprostøed
      > > obývacího pokoje JE jeden stùl a ètyøi zidle. And not JSOU!
      > Because
      > > the verb should be adhered to the first part of enumeration,
      > which
      > > is "jeden stùl" and that is singular. If it were vice versa,
      > then it
      > > would be really:"Uprostøed obývacího pokoje jsou ètyøi zidle
      > jeden
      > > stùl."
      > > Then, the sentence"Ve stropì je skøíò..." First, it is NA
      stropì
      > and
      > > not ve. But take it logically, how can a wardrobe be in the
      > ceiling?
      > > Are you sure you used correct word?
      > > I hope I helped you at least a bit.
      > > Looking forward to next questions :-)!
      > > *Dalibor
      > >
      > > --- In learning_czech@yahoogroups.com, "tpetasnoro"
      > > <tpetasnoro@h...> wrote:
      > > > Hi,
      > > > I have an excercise book for Czech but I don't have the
      right
      > > answers
      > > > or solutions so I'd really appreciate it if someone could
      > correct
      > > my
      > > > mistakes in the followin text:
      > > >
      > > > Bydlime v krásném domu a máme dve pokoje a kuchyne.
      Bohuzel je
      > nás
      > > byt
      > > > bez balkonu ale vedle domu je park. Uprostred obývacího
      pokoje
      > > jsou
      > > > jeden stul a ctyri zidli. Ve strope je skrin a vedle ni je
      > kreslo.
      > > > loznice jsou dva posteli a jedna skinka, která je plná.
      > > >
      > > > It seems like a simple text but only god knows how long i
      > spent
      > > writing
      > > > it!!(combine accusative, genetive and locative cases..phew)
      > > >
      > > > But there's no way I'm gonna give up now, after all this
      > blood,
      > > sweat
      > > > and tears :)

      Terms