Beginning Czech Lessons

  • Hilary
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 4, 2005
      Hey guys...

      I am having a great time at my intensive course. So much in fact
      that I would like to start giving free Czech lessons once a week to
      people on this site.

      The only thing is I'm a native speaker. I would like native Czech
      speaker to look over all lessons before I mail them to the group
      (they will be in Word so if everyone installs Czech into Word the
      characters will work correctly).

      If anybody is up for volunteering for the job, that would be great.
      I will also send out some homework and will correct it if people
      send it back (though I would like people to be regular about it).

      I'll tell you the book we will be using in the lesson so you can buy
      it (or not)...

      Anyway, if there are any Native Czech volunteers, that would be
      great. Would love to know what others think about this idea (i.e.
      will it help you?)

      Let me know guys! Thanks!

      Hilary
    • Petusek
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 4, 2005
        Hilary,

        I think it's a great idea. I can do the job for you. I'm a native Czech speaker. Feel free to contact me whenever you need any help.

        Petr

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 4, 2005

          Ahoj!

          Jak se máš? I’m only beginning Czech, but I’ll be going there in May for a few days so I want to try hard with the basics. I love the country and the people. I visited it many times in the 80’s.I use a book called Colloquial Czech by James Naughton and use a CD on my computer and cassettes in the car!

          Keep me posted, Hilary.

          Thanks

          David

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 5, 2005
            Great idea.  Do it!!

            Manny (married to a native Czech gal)

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 9, 2005
              Hi Hilary,

              I have been traveling and miss this thread. I would love to be in on some beginning classes. Have I missed anything? I will go to the group site more often. How does this work?

              Thanks!
              Dana

              Manuel Sameiro <m_sameiro@...> wrote:
[...]

              Do you Yahoo!?

            • Hilary
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 10, 2005
                Hi Dana,
                if you can ge to our group page, the lessons are being uploaded into
                the file section. Don't worry, you haven't missed anything, just
                did lesson 1.1, and I'm working on 1.2

                Some people have been having trouble getting the lessons... When I
                get home I will send the lesson once by my email client. If you
                still have problems I can send them to you personally (which I will
                do with this first lesson when I get home tomorrow)

                Glad to see so many people interested!

                Wish me luck on my Czech exam tomorrow!

                Hilary

                --- In learning_czech@yahoogroups.com, Dana Dodd <dayna42003@y...>
                wrote:
                > Hi Hilary,
                >
                > I have been traveling and miss this thread. I would love to be in
                on some beginning classes. Have I missed anything? I will go to the
                group site more often. How does this work?

                > Thanks!
                > Dana
                >
                > Manuel Sameiro <m_sameiro@h...> wrote:
                > Great idea. Do it!!
                >
                > Manny (married to a native Czech gal)

                Service.

              • Hilary St. Jonn
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 12, 2005

                  Hey Dana,

                  Don’t worry, I just started.  All I’m doing is some lessons in Word Doc, with exercises, and I’m sending them to the group and uploading them.  Here are the first lessons again, they are also in the Download file.

                  I will be following the Communicative Czech book to some degree, if anyone wants to get it and follow along (though it is not necessary at all!!!)

                  Dobrou Noc,

                  Hilary

                  Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
                  http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Rhenium3

[...]

                  All your favorites on one personal page  Try My Yahoo!

                • DASHA BOHLEN
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 23, 2005
                    AHOJ,

                    HOW'S THAT BOOK WORKING OUT?

                    David A Gourlay <dagourlay@...> wrote:

                    Ahoj!

                    Jak se m��? I�m only beginning Czech, but I�ll be going there in May for a few days so I want to try hard with the basics. I love the country and the people. I visited it many times in the 80�s.I use a book called Colloquial Czech by James Naughton and use a CD on my computer and cassettes in the car!

                    Keep me posted, Hilary.

                    Thanks

                    David