Software interesting..

  • Hilary St. Jonn
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005

      Hey guys…

      I got this as spam, but it is so cheap that I’m thinking of getting it.  Though y’all might be interested as well J

      http://www.linguashop.com/en/learn-czech.php

      Hilary

      Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
      http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Rhenium3

    • Ivo Dostal
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
        > Hey guys¦
        > I got this as spam, but it is so cheap that I™m thinking of getting
        > it. Though y™all might be interested as well J
        >
        > http://www.linguashop.com/en/learn-czech.php
        >
        > Hilary

        Hello,

        I visited this page but from the images here I guess that
        this learning course miss (at least) some (important) czech
        diacritics - they write here:

        Devcata jsou pekna'

        but it should be:

        De¡vc¡ata jsou pe¡kna´

        :-(

        Ivo Dostal
      • David Stephens
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
          I don't think that Czech accents are supported in the
          font they are using.

          --- Ivo Dostal <cb176965@...> wrote:

          > > Hey guys�
          > > I got this as spam, but it is so cheap that I�m
          > thinking of getting
          > > it. Though y�all might be interested as well J
          > >
          > > http://www.linguashop.com/en/learn-czech.php
          > >
          > > Hilary
          > >

          > Hello,
          >
          > I visited this page but from the images here I
          > guess that
          > this learning course miss (at least) some
          > (important) czech
          > diacritics - they write here:
          >
          > Devcata jsou pekna'
          >
          > but it should be:
          >
          > De�vc�ata jsou pe�kna�
          >
          > :-(
          >
          > Ivo Dostal

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
        • gordion_cz
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 5, 2005
            Hello David,

            I haven't used accented vowels in my mail, I tried to bypass this
            problem by inserting two characters (standard work-arround as I know)
            - non-accented vowel succeeded by an accent as an individual
            character
            (but I did not verified myself that czech "hacek" (as individual
            character) is NOT the part of the standard english font - my
            inadvertance, I'm sorry group members)

            So here is correction:

            --- Ivo Dostal <cb176965@t...> wrote:

            I visited this page but from the images here I guess that this
            learning course miss (at least) some (important) czech diacritics -
            they write here:

            Devcata jsou pekna'

            but it should be:

            De^vc^ata jsou pe^kna'

            (where: ^ == preceeding character has "hacek" accent,
            ' == preceeding character has "carka" accent)

            ---

            But I'm affraid that IMHO nobody can learn Czech language without all
            czech characters. It is similar (at least for me) to learning German
            without all these umlauts or learning Icelandic without all its
            special characters :-( And I agree with you that the user must
            install
            CE fonts for this purpose.

            my .02

            Ivo