Czech

  • Hilary
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2004
      Cau everyone.

      So, explaining this in English so everybody knows what is going on...

      I started this group to help others with czech. Basically I was
      putting up some Czech study documents I made. Well, I haven't been
      to active with it.

      But now...

      I have decided to try to get into Charles University to study
      special Education and psychology. I need to have perfect czech in 6
      months and pass an exam. So, I will be very active in this group.
      I will study czech every day, I'm having multiple lessons, ect. So,
      if you don't want tons of emails, switch the emails to Daily Digest
      or no emails for the group.

      Anybody who wants to help me, I'd appreciate it!

      Thanks guys!

      Hilary
    • ron_rozendaal
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 24, 2006
        Hello
        not me but my daughter is lerning czech language. I was once in
        Prague visiting my dauchter as she was studying there at University.
        I 'll ask her to join this group, so she can speak with You in this
        language. Prague is the most beautiful town on earth.

        Sincerely
        the new one
      • Dasa Tomasova

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 25, 2006
            She is Belgian and studies at a Ghent highschool. She sutdied at Karls
            University for a 'Erasmus'-Project

            Sincere greetings
            Ron. Rozendaal

            >From: Dasa Tomasova <lienka92000@...>
            >To: learning_czech@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [Learning Czech] Czech
            >Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:44:54 -0700 (PDT)
            >
            >I am glad that you liked visiting Prague. I agree it is a very beautiful
            >city. From what American university did your daughter go there and was she
            >in International Studies Program?
            >
            >ron_rozendaal <ron_rozendaal@...> wrote: Hello
            >not me but my daughter is lerning czech language. I was once in
            >Prague visiting my dauchter as she was studying there at University.
            >I 'll ask her to join this group, so she can speak with You in this
            >language. Prague is the most beautiful town on earth.
            >
            >Sincerely
            >the new one
            >

            >---------------------------------
            >Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+
            >countries) for 2¢/min or less.

            Ben je niet zo levendig als je hond? Live.be wel! http://www.live.be
          • Dasa Tomasova
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 25, 2006
              just out of curiousity what made her  decide to choose to study Czech compared to other languages out there?

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 25, 2006
                She started studying German and Swedish at Ghent University.She
                succeded for the first year.She stopped at university because not
                practival enough.Then she discovered Czech language. The sound of
                that language she liked.The rest I hope qhe will tel You herself
                when becoming also a member of this group.

                And I fell in love with Prague ! I do not understand but 3 or 4
                words words of that language.

                --- In learning_czech@yahoogroups.com, Dasa Tomasova
                <lienka92000@...> wrote:

                > just out of curiousity what made her decide to choose to study
                Czech compared to other languages out there?

                > ron rozendaal <ron_rozendaal@...> wrote: She is Belgian
                and studies at a Ghent highschool. She sutdied at Karls
                > University for a 'Erasmus'-Project
                >
                > Sincere greetings
                > Ron. Rozendaal
                >
                > >From: Dasa Tomasova <lienka92000@...>
                > >To: learning_czech@yahoogroups.com
                > >Subject: Re: [Learning Czech] Czech
                > >Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:44:54 -0700 (PDT)
                > >
                > >I am glad that you liked visiting Prague. I agree it is a very
                beautiful
                > >city. From what American university did your daughter go there
                and was she
                > >in International Studies Program?
                > >
                > >ron_rozendaal <ron_rozendaal@...> wrote: Hello
                > >not me but my daughter is lerning czech language. I was once in
                > >Prague visiting my dauchter as she was studying there at
                University.
                > >I 'll ask her to join this group, so she can speak with You in
                this
                > >language. Prague is the most beautiful town on earth.
                > >
                > >Sincerely
                > >the new one
                > >

                > >---------------------------------
                > >Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US
                (and 30+
                > >countries) for 2¢/min or less.

                > Ben je niet zo levendig als je hond? Live.be wel!
                http://www.live.be

                > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get
                things done faster.

              • Dasa Tomasova
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 26, 2006
                  I don't know if I have mentioned to you before that there are a couple of really good companies that make language software CDs for just about alomost every language out there. One software is called Instant Immersion and the other one is called Rosetta (or Rosetto) Stone. They're really good. If you use it at home or library or where ever you may be half hour to an hour a day by end of the year you van be fluent in the languague of your choice. That is course if an individual person is committed to learning the language.