Re: Learning Czech

  • davidagourlay
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2004
      Thanks for the advice. Seems OK - not too expensive. But is it any
      good? Has anyone tried it?

      --- In learning_czech@yahoogroups.com, David Stephens <kembreg@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi.
      >
      > Goto www.linguashop.com
      >
      > David
      >
      > --- davidagourlay <dagourlay@n...> wrote:
      > > Hi!
      > >
      > > My name is David and I'm from Scotland.
      > >
      > > I want to learn Czech! In the 1980's, I visited many
      > > friends in the
      > > Czech part of Czechoslovakia, and learnt enough
      > > Czech to ask for
      > > things in shops etc.
      > >
      > > Now I want to learn it again, and I would like to
      > > know if there are
      > > any computer-based courses available. In the past I
      > > used the book
      > > Teach Yourself Czech - is there anything better?
      > >
      > > All advice welcome!
      > >
      > > David

    • nkojanova1
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2004
        Hello David,

        I just returned from Prague to the US and found the most wonderful
        language program. Go to http://hp.fs.cz You will find Chcete Mluvit
        Cesky or Do you want to speak Czech? It is an excellent book, and I
        believe there are audio tapes available as well. And I would also
        suggest the english-czech slovnik (dictionary) from LEDA publishers
        by Josef Fronek. He is absolutely amazing and I believe he was a
        professor at the University of Glasgow in the Slavic Linguistics
        department.

        Leda's address is:
        263 01 Voznice 64 Czech Republic

        Good luck and nazdravi!

        Nicole Kojanova

        <kembreg@y...> wrote:
        > Hi.
        >
        > Goto www.linguashop.com
        >
        > David
        >
        > --- davidagourlay <dagourlay@n...> wrote:
        > > Hi!
        > >
        > > My name is David and I'm from Scotland.
        > >
        > > I want to learn Czech! In the 1980's, I visited many
        > > friends in the
        > > Czech part of Czechoslovakia, and learnt enough
        > > Czech to ask for
        > > things in shops etc.
        > >
        > > Now I want to learn it again, and I would like to
        > > know if there are
        > > any computer-based courses available. In the past I
        > > used the book
        > > Teach Yourself Czech - is there anything better?
        > >
        > > All advice welcome!
        > >
        > > David

      • davidagourlay
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2004
          Hi Nicole!

          Many thanks for the information!

          BTW are you Czech? Where from?

          I think it's a fantastic country! I love it!

          Thanks again

          David

          --- In learning_czech@yahoogroups.com, "nkojanova1" <nkojanova@h...>