Text Converter way forward - Using epub as the input format

  • ricardoolpc
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2009

      Hi Andrius

      I've added several new sections to the Worknets OnlineTextConverter page. Please see the section from 'epub format' onwards...

      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?OnlineTextConverter#epubformat

      I'd like your comments on the new sections as a possible way forward.

      In my previous learnhowtolearn messages, I mentoned .epub format for eBooks. I wasn't suggesting .epub as an output format, for other eBook Reader devices. I mentioned epub because I think it would make a good single input format for our converter.

      The eBook industry as converging on .epub as a single format for authors/publishers to send eBooks to eBook distributor/retail websites, like Amazon, eBooks.com, etc, instead of needing to prepare and send a whole variety of formats (.lit, .pdf, .txt, etc).

      The eBook websites then make eBooks available in all formats, by converting epub to other download formats (pdf/lit/etc), as required.

      epub can also be used by end-users/readers as one eBook reader format.

      Authors would be responsible for sending/uploading eBooks to Minciu Sodas in epub format.

      Our converter could be an epub-to-JPEG converter.

      The new Worknets sections propose WHAT we could do, but until I've got your opinion on the way forward, I haven't said much about HOW to convert epub-to-JPEG.

      I've also given some information on what epub file format actually looks like.

      This is just a summary. Please read the new sections, Andrius, and let me know what you think.

      Ricardo