how to best rapidly get to 'industrial' quality?

  • Raoul Duke
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2008
      my thought would be to do iterative+incremental development, keeping
      the scope as mind-bogglingly small and constrained as possible, to get
      a core that is really solid, and to use extensive testing to help
      increase the likelihood that it really is solid. and to get real
      external users as quickly as possible, to help guide the evolution of
      the system. furthermore, to publish as much information in the way of
      test results and coverage, so that external folks can be reassured
      that getting involved is worthwhile.

      any thoughts on that or other approaches?

      (like, why do so few people take a sane approach?! :-)

      sincerely.