Re: [lds-youngwomen] ACT's

  • nina blackburn
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
      Hi!! i'm a junior and i just got my scores back from
      the ACT's the first time i took them in october and i
      wasn't very happy with them. they weren't bad but i
      know i can do better. i didn't know how to prepare for
      the test so i just went in there and "winged it!" does
      anyone have any ideas that don't cost any money but
      work well? i've looked at some of the cd's and stuff
      and they are all too expensive for my budget!! my
      parents payed for the test but they said i need to
      figure out studying things on my own. i would really
      appreciate any help anyone could give!!
      Thanx a ton!!
      Ninab

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • pacemayker@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
        In a message dated 12/2/2002 12:13:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
        angelninab@... writes:

        > Hi!! i'm a junior and i just got my scores back from
        > the ACT's the first time i took them in october and i
        > wasn't very happy with them. they weren't bad but i
        > know i can do better. i didn't know how to prepare for
        > the test so i just went in there and "winged it!" does
        > anyone have any ideas that don't cost any money but
        > work well? i've looked at some of the cd's and stuff
        > and they are all too expensive for my budget!! my
        > parents payed for the test but they said i need to
        > figure out studying things on my own. i would really
        > appreciate any help anyone could give!!
        > Thanx a ton!!
        > Ninab

        Check out an ACT study guide from the library. They've also got the SAT,
        MCAT, LSAT, CBEST, etc. There are usually several different books (different
        publishers) for each test. Good luck!
        -April

      • Tucker Family
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
          If you go online and type in ACT or SAT you can find several sites that have
          a sample question every day. Bookmark these sites and go to them every day.
          They also have hints for taking the tests. You can sometimes find the study
          books in school and public libraries. You can also get used books and CD's
          online from ebay or half.com--there are other places. My daughter just took
          the ACT & SAT in October and she did well but I know that she can do better.
          She also went in cold and has since determined to retake them after
          studying. All this preparation would make a great Value Project!

          Good luck,
          Anne