Re: [lds-youngwomen] Mia Maids

  • Loretta Mitzel
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2011
      I think the more you can get them involved the better. I love the idea of
      having them each take a turn to teach. I also think when you are teaching, give
      them ways to be involved. (dont ask them, just assign them parts of the lesson)
      I always print out the stories or quotes and hand them out to different girls in
      the class when I teach. I also think the more the the class is involved in the
      lessons, the more interested they are, verses just having to sit and listen to a
      teacher read and talk the whole time.

      If they still won't participate when assigned, start some sort of 'reward' for
      those that do participate. Its kind of like when you teach in primary and you
      use rewards for reverence. It really doesn't matter how old the kids get,
      everyone loves a reward. Even if it's just a little baggie of starburst that
      says 'Thanks for being a STAR today' or something simple like that!. When the
      girls see others get something, it might just change their minds about
      participating!

      Goodluck!

      Loretta Mitzel
      Proudly serving you since 2000!
      Bronze Star Executive
      www.athome.com/Loretta
      509 582 5484 (Home) 509 551 7967 (Cell)
      It's here! Our new Fall and Winter Inspiration Catalog!
      Let me help you earn your favorite items for FREE!
      **Could you use extra money for the holidays? Begin your At Home America
      Business for ONLY $1.00 and start earning GREAT pay, PLUS Bonus's! Contact me
      today for all the details!

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2011
        The YW Open House last April had a great example of how to do "Soccer-style" teaching rather than "Tennis-style" which is what you are describing. We used this for our stake auxiliary training this fall. Check out the link:

        http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/59197/Auxiliary-training-Young-Women.html