Man Vs. World (Wild)

  • Lorri
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 2008
      I am in the Stake YW and we are doing your ward conferences on the
      theme "Man Vs. World (based off the Man Vs. Wild show). We are doing a
      combined ward conference with the YM (thus the more adventuresome topic).

      So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas off the top of their head
      on how to address topics. Here are a few examples I was thining of...

      Dress for the conditions - modesty
      Finding Food - spiritual nutrition to keep yourself healthy
      Stay together - stick with people who have the same values

      Anything else come to mind. I know some of you are really good at
      this, and well, as you can see, I am not so much :)

      Would appreciate any thoughts you might have.

      Thanks
      Lorri
    • Cynthia Keller
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 29, 2008
        I would like to see what you hear back from this. What do you all do for
        your ward conferences. We are trying something new this year and we are at
        a loss of ideas to go with reading the BOM.

        Cynthia

      • Lorri
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 30, 2008
          Well, I purchased the book "The 6 Most Important Decisions You'll Ever
          Make". It was written by Sean Covey for teens and is really a great
          book if you don't have it.
          We thought we might take some topics and advice from there for our Man
          Vs. World but I was also hoping to get some insight from anyone here.
          Here is the link on Amazon for the book (or just do a search for the
          title).
          http://www.amazon.com/Most-Important-Decisions-Youll-
          Ever/dp/0743265041/ref=pd_sim_b_1

          Sooo, if anyone has any brilliant ideas or topics, that would be great.

          As for your BOM topic, I think that sounds great too! Let us know what
          you come up with and how it goes.

          Lorri

          --- In lds-youngwomen@yahoogroups.com, "Cynthia Keller" <cl_keller@...>
          wrote:

          > I would like to see what you hear back from this. What do you all do
          for
          > your ward conferences. We are trying something new this year and we
          are at
          > a loss of ideas to go with reading the BOM.
          >

          > Cynthia

        • Jill Smith
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2009
            How about including the topic:
            Be prepared: Spiritual preparedness "In the world, but not of the world."