Re: [lds-youngwomen] Crafty Helpers, Help! ...In His Image mirror project

  • Nashiely Moreira
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2008
      You could print in acetate (the transparent plastic paper used in school). Print, cut and glue on the mirors.

      Glass etching is beautiful, but you would have to cut with a exacto knife and its a lot of work.

      I hope I am helpfull

      Nash
      in Mexico

      Karen <kf_smith67@...> wrote:
      Sisters,

      I need some "crafty helpers" help. I am teaching a combined YW
      lesson this Sunday. With Easter approaching this month I thought it
      would be nice to do a lesson around the "14 Day Walk With Christ",
      found on Christy's Clipart YW section.
      Anyway, while I was thinking about the lesson last night, I thought
      it would be nice to somehow impose a picture of Christ onto a
      mirror. (So that as they look in the mirror they are reflecting His
      image on their own..."In His image")
      But I'm not sure how to do this. For example I could, by means of
      vinyl have pieces made (but this could be very costly for 20-25
      girls and I probably don't have time for someone to cut the vinyl)
      or I could glass etch a picture of Christ onto to the mirror. But
      I'm not sure how to really go about doing this. I know I use contact
      paper and glass etch, but how do I make a template of Christ to etch?
      Do you sister's have any ideas/help or other ideas?

      Thank you so much (in advance),

      Karen Smith
      Daisy Mtn Ward, Deer Valley Stake, Phoenix, Arizona
      YW 1st counselor
      kf_smith67@...

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
        I don't know if this would work but quite possibly I think it will; what if you copied a picture of Christ onto a slightly opaque-ish craft/scrapbook paper and put the girl's photographs underneath it or vice versa?? Have the picture of Christ underneath the velum or whatever it is called.?

        You could even 'trace' the shadow of the girl in velum?and cut it out and put it over Christ's picture?

        Ideas, but have no idea if they work; let me know if they do!

        patty in California