Re: help

  • chad_linda
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 2, 2008
      I'm posting the quote at the bottom of my message but I wanted to
      preface with this information from the Church News. I know this is
      going around a lot right now so I just wanted to make sure everyone
      had all the information :)

      President Boyd K. Packer, acting president of the Quorum of the
      Twelve, has released the following concerning a statement he is said
      to have made:
      "We continue to receive reports of the distribution of a quote
      attributed to me which begins, 'The youth of the Church today were
      generals in the war in heaven,' and ends with the statement that when
      they return to heaven 'all in attendance will bow in your presence.'
      "I did not make that statement. I do not believe that statement.
      "The statement, on occasion, has been attributed to others of
      the First Presidency and the Twelve. None of the Brethren made that
      statement."
      President Packer has sent a letter to mission presidents
      requesting their help in clarifying this matter among missionaries and
      members, and has had posted on some Internet sites carrying the
      statement a notice that he did not make this declaration.

      QUOTE:
      You were in the War in Heaven and one day when you are in the spirit
      world you will be enthralled with those who you are associated with.
      You will ask someone in which time period he lived in and you might
      hear, "I was with Moses when he parted the Red Sea," or "I helped
      build the pyramids," or "I fought with Captain Moroni." And as you are
      standing there in amazement, someone will turn to you and ask, "Which
      prophet time did you live in?" And when you say "Gordon B. Hinckley,"
      a hush will fall over every hall, every corridor in heaven and all in
      attendance will bow at your presence. You were held back six thousand
      years because you were the most talented, most obedient, most
      courageous, and most righteous. Are you still? Remember who you are!

      --- In lds-youngwomen@yahoogroups.com, "youngwomenfaith"
      <crazymom4@...> wrote:

      > as the many tributes have come through for Pres. Hinckley someone
      > posted a quotes about being in heaven and those asking which prophet
      > we were on the earth under. The hush that will fall when we say Pres.
      > Hinckely. I thougth I saved it but can't find it and want to use it
      > tomorrow. Anyone have it? Thanks

    • Paladeni Family
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 2, 2008
        I thought we were also told that this was a spoof quote and it was not told by anyone.
        At least that is my recollection?
        Angela

        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 2, 2008
          Correct!

          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 4, 2008
            Thanks,
            I had not heard that at all. A yw used the quote in my daughters seminary
            class last week but attributed it to Brad Wilcox.
            Thanks for the info about it. I will pass the word along.

          • Cynthia Keller
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 20, 2008
              I need your help again. I had a cute thought to go with the little Debbie's
              s'mores that I was going to do for our leaders but now I can't find it
              anywhere. Can you help me come up with a cute thought or saying to give to
              our leaders for a motivational thought. I will take any ideas. Also I did
              not get very many ideas for how you are presenting the new theme to your
              leaders or YW. I am really struggling with this one.

              Thanks so much for picking your brains.

              Cynthia in Idaho