THANK YOU FOR THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS

  • shanon
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2001
      THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS, I KNOW THERE ARE
      MORE IDEAS OUT THERE.......IF YOU HAVE ANY, PLEASE SEND THEM, IN THE
      MEAN TIME I'LL KEEP LOOKING TOO!!

      Shay-Shanon-Shannon-or hey!!!

      °Ü°Decide what you want your legacy to be............
      and start living it today°Ü°~ME~

      Join in the fun:
    • Alison Fluckiger
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2001
        Help! A girl asked my son to a dance by decorating his
        room with balloons, streamers and hersey's kisses. He
        had to pop the balloons to find a piece of paper with
        a letter on it to spell her name.

        Now, he needs to answer her back in a creative way.
        Any ideas? I need to know this weekend if you can
        help.

        Alison in Wyoming

        http://personals.yahoo.com
      • FSEENO@ECIS.COM
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2001
          This is a common practice around our area. Each teen tries to be more creative
          than the next. I know we had a lot of fun with it around our house when my two
          oldest were in high school (one of 8months in the mission field and the other
          is sending his papers in next week!). One of the really fun ones we did was to
          scan our son's picture and than print it out on card stock. On the back he
          wrote out his invitation, asking the girl to the prom. Then we cut it into
          puzzle pieces and wrapped it up very elegantly in a box. The box was delivered
          to her in her home room class (this was an okay practice at our high school).
          Another time we took a calendar page from the date of the dance and pasted
          pictures of our son all over the picture portion of the calendar. Then he
          circled the date of the dance in red and wrote in "Going to the prom with Sam".
          In responding to go to a prom with Matt, a girl got Sam to unlock the car Matt
          drove to school and she filled it with balloons (blown up, of course). He had
          to pop them all to find the note that said yes. Another girl enlisted my help
          and wrote a letter that she had me stick in shoe to find when he woke up that
          said something about polishing his dancing shoes. One of the boys buddies
          recieved a cake with the word YES in decorated letters. There were lots that I
          have heard of over the years. The most elaborate was the kid who had the local
          theater put the invitation on the marquee. Good luck.
          Laurie in California
        • heiner@freeport.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2001
            Maybe go along with the pop the balloon theme. A six pack of pop or
            microwave popcorn with a note attached. "Since you've "popped" the
            question, the answer is Yes" Maybe something like that.
            Ann
          • Chris and Gina
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 1, 2001
              Hi Alice!

              I don't have a clue what to tell you...but, My best friend, lives in Mesa,
              Arizona and their youth do this all the time.

              It just happens that I am picking her up at the airport today (her brother
              is getting married here in Texas and she is coming down for that at the
              Dallas Temple. ) I will ask her advice and give you an email back this
              evening. How's that! Maybe she will have a cute idea that has been done
              there.

              I think that is the sweetest thing... what a cute way to ask someone to a
              dance, prom or on a date... makes the person feel special too. :)

              I will get back with you.. I hope others on here might have some ideas for
              you as well.

              Gina

              > Help! A girl asked my son to a dance by decorating his
              > room with balloons, streamers and hersey's kisses. He
              > had to pop the balloons to find a piece of paper with
              > a letter on it to spell her name.
              >
              > Now, he needs to answer her back in a creative way.
              > Any ideas? I need to know this weekend if you can
              > help.
              >
              > Alison in Wyoming

            • Sigrun Coombs
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 1, 2001
                We had a young man use our home to propose to a girl one time. But this
                could be used for other reasons. He distributed lots of Hershey's kisses
                all over the house and she had to follow the trail, where she found
                notes along the way. One note said, "Look in the refrigerator for
                another note," and so forth. It was like a treasure hunt. Then upstairs
                in another family room he had dinner set up and a CD playing, very
                romantic. After they got to our house, while she followed the trail, he
                slipped into the bathroom and changed into a tux; she said "yes" and
                they really had a good time.
                Sigrun
              • Duane and Kimberly Thursotn
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 1, 2001
                  Go to the store and buy abc cereal or noodles(you know what I mean) have him
                  spell out his answer in a riddle or something by coloring the abc's that he
                  needs with
                  a marker. make a morris code paper and put all the abc's back together.

                  She will have to search the container for the colored letters and then
                  match it up to the paper.
                  example:

                  roses are red, violet are blue, how can anyone say no to you.
                  ----- --- --- ------ --- ---- --- --- ------ --- -- -- ---
                  You might want to make each word a different color.

                • Jlstovie@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 1, 2001
                    I answered a guy by doing the following:
                    I used oreo ice cream and flower looking cookies, (plain sugar cookies on
                    sticks (skues) with a gum drop in the middle) and put it in a flower pot. I
                    thawed out the ice cream a little bit and stuck my laminated answer in the
                    middle of the ice cream, then re-froze the ice cream in a flower pot. Then
                    you put chocolate pudding and crushed up oreos on top of the ice cream (to
                    make it look like dirt) and then stick the flower cookies in the top so it
                    looks like a flower pot. That way he had to figure out where the answer is
                    and eat his way to it! It was pretty fun! Good Luck!
                    Julie