RE: [lds-youngwomen] Re: what do you want from stake yw leaders?

  • Rick Barlow
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 2 5:45 PM
      Ladies,
      I read over my first response to this question and it sounded like I
      thought my stake YW leadership did not care. I am sorry, I know that
      they care very much, but I think that they are slightly frustrated as
      well.
    • Kristin
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 2 9:29 PM
        I think it would be helpful if all the ward leaders/presidency members are
        included in e-mails regarding upcoming events and trainings. Although I
        suppose it is best for the president to receive the information and
        disseminate it, sometimes she may not be as familiar with e-mail, use it
        very often, etc. I just know for my situation, I would love to get a copy
        because so often dates change and it is hard to get the information around.
      • richchipper@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 3 7:20 AM
          Personally, I found our stake leaders to be great in planning the activities
          they were in charge of like Stake Standards Night, Girls Camp, Youth
          Conference, etc. I knew they cared about the girls and the leaders

          I'm sure this is a personality thing, but I don't like the stake to take a
          super-active role in my weekly activities, lessons, etc. I feel like it's my
          stewardship and by having them come, it feels like I'm being watched - again,
          probably a personality thing.

          Our leadership meetings are twice a year, but honestly, I left a lot of times
          feeling depressed more than uplifted. For example, we had two in a row
          discussing how to conduct the model opening exercises. The problem is that the YM
          NEVER get the same type of training (WHY IS THAT ANYWAY!?!?!). Our problems
          with opening exercises was the YM. We got tired of getting chastized over it.

          Other times, we heard over and over again how the "model" YW ward in our
          stake does things. They have like 36 YW - almost all active with active families,
          thousands of leaders, etc. It's hard for the smaller, less-active wards who
          are struggling with the basics like trying to get girls to do personal progess
          or attend their meetings to hear how the "model" ward created binders with
          great church songs that they sing in harmony every fast Sunday or read the Book
          of Mormon during camp. Or to have their girls come each Stake meeting to sing
          or model something they have done in their ward.

          I would love more of a forum to discuss topics instead of just being
          instructed - we can learn a lot from each other.

          Again, not trying to be unsupportive of the stake leaders at all - they are
          wonderful ladies with so much love & talent. It's just that I went through
          quite a few of them and I seemed to have the same problem with each group.

        • Vickie Hacking
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 3 5:13 PM
            Oh...jealousy happening here.. HEhehe

            Vickie

            Rick Barlow <rkbarlowfam@...> wrote:
            Vickie,
            You'll be happy to know our stake has a stake calendar up and running,
            and yes, it is a blessing to have!
            Capri