Re: [lds-youngwomen] Newsletters

  • vanhovermale@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1 8:04 AM
      I am wondering how you go about getting copies made for everyone. We have a
      strict limit on how many copies we can make in the library at church. Also,
      do you hand these newsletters out to the parents or kids or do you mail them?

    • Patti Read
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1 8:19 AM
        In my ward, making copies wouldn't be a problem because we only have 8 girls
        in our YW group. Out of those 8, we have 2 families that have 2 sisters.
        So I could make copies at home and it wouldn't cost me much. As for mailing
        versus handing them out, I haven't thought that far. It is something I will
        have to discuss with our YW Pres.

        Patti Read

        weezy1995@...

        Stamping and Illuminating your life

        Independent Stampin' Up! and PartyLite Consultant

        I am wondering how you go about getting copies made for everyone. We have a

        strict limit on how many copies we can make in the library at church. Also,

        do you hand these newsletters out to the parents or kids or do you mail
        them?

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129sktdfp/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705074537:HM/EXP=1104681883/A=2495208/R=0/SIG=11egg01lg/*http:/www.n
        etflix.com/Default?mqso=60188914> click here

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=
        :HM/A=2495208/rand=590694048>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Maryhelen
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 1 11:49 AM
          With only 12 kids in our Primary at the time, and being the only Branch in the building, copy numbers were not an issue for us. Mailing one per family is a good way to make sure three or four (or more) don't go out the door but never make it to a parent. But then you'd have to make sure stamps are in the budget.....always something I guess!! :)
          If people in your Ward have email, you could also email the newsletter and then let them print it out if they want. Just a thought.
          :)

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 4 5:30 PM
            We do a short section on the back page of the RS monthly newsletter. It covers our theme and quote for the month, activities and birthdays. I like having it in the RS Newsletter because I know that not only are the girls seeing it but the parents are kept up-to-date with what is planned.

            Melanie
            YW Pres. Melbourne, Australia

            Patti Read <weezy1995@...> wrote:
            I was wondering if anyone does newsletters in their YW groups? I am in the
            process of coming up with a mock newsletter to show our pres. in hopes that
            she will want to do it for the New Year. Anyway, if anyone out there does
            or has done one in the past, I would appreciate any advice!!!

            Thanks-

            Patti Read

            weezy1995@...

            Stamping and Illuminating your life

            Independent Stampin' Up! and PartyLite Consultant

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • kimboking
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
              If anyone is interested, I just uploaded a couple of my old
              newsletters in the "newsletter" folder located on the "files" page of
              this website (see link to the left there).

              you are welcome to download any of these newsletters and use them as
              a template for your own YW organizations (of course, changing any
              personal info to your own ward/branch info.).

              unfortunately, the folder only allowed me to upload 2 of my old
              newsletters! (there isn't enough alotted disk space to add more.)
              i'd be glad to email any of you my other newsletters (focusing on the
              other YW values). ...or i could wait a few days and delete the ones
              i've uploaded and replace them with others.

              you gals make the call...

              kimbo
            • karen sinclair
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 2, 2005
                Hi Kimbo
                Could you please send me copies of the newsletter.

                Thanks Kay

              • Anita Eichmann
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 3, 2005
                  Please email me the other newsletters also. They are wonderful! Thank you
                  Anita

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 16, 2005
                    I am newly called President to a ward with five
                    different High Schools in our boundaries. Needless to
                    say, we have difficulties with unity. We also have
                    several innactives. We have thought, among other
                    things, of starting a monthly newsletter that would
                    highlight the monthly theme, calender, spotlights,
                    possibly lesson information to send/hand out
                    routinely. The goal being to improve overall
                    organization. I really feel that this organization is
                    vital to making the YW program successful. I have
                    requested one of the Mia Maids begin this as a type of
                    "assignment" and was wondering if anyone had an
                    example or template to offer. Does anyone have
                    additional organization tips for a new young
                    president? I'd appreciate anything you all could
                    offer.
                    Carlene Boden

                    http://farechase.yahoo.com