Re: [lds-youngwomen] unsung hero's

  • twdee@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2001
      These are the directions that I originally got. We adapted them to suit our
      needs.

      We had an "Unsung Hero" service project. We found out who in the ward had
      callings like the librarians, magazine person, choristers, pianists, bulletin
      person, people that aren't high profile. We got together and made rice
      krispie treats, divided the girls up. Each group was to take a plate of
      goodies to their unsung hero. We put the following poem with it that was
      written by Vicki B. Wright and all the girls signed it.
      We all have seen our Bishop
      As he sits upton the stand
      And our relief Society President
      Is always there to lend a hand.

      But our ward could never move along
      It it was pushed by just a few
      It requires the dedication of "Unsung Heroes"
      Such as you!

      We thank you for the work you do,
      We notice that you're there.
      We hope you'll like this gift of love,
      And know how much we care.

      Instead of making a treat, we invited these people to come and join the young
      women in our "unsung hero" presentation. None of them knew it was for them.
      We made them a speghetti dinner and brownies for dessert. The laurels
      conducted, the mia maids served dinner and beehives served dessert.
      As our "unsung heroes' arrived one of the girl presented them with a medal,
      she placed it around their neck ( made out of a gold cupcake liner) then they
      were taken to their table. The laurel president then welcomed them, read the
      poem to them and told them about dinner. As dessert was served, the laurels
      called up the unsung heroes and presented them with a certificate. It was a
      busy, fun night