Re: [lds-youngwomen] Fireside

  • magie2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 21, 2000
      In a message dated 8/20/00 10:58:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      miriamnms@... writes:

      << miriamnms@... (Miriam Arroyo) >>
      That was great and I would like to have the soup label and what kind of food
      did you serve? Also, could you tell me about how many youth you have or
      planned on!
      Thank you so much for sharing!!! M. Smith (MaGie2@...)
    • Jacque Johnson
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 21, 2000
        RE: [lds-youngwomen] Fireside

        Miriam,
        I would also like a copy of the soup can label and the # of youth you served.

        Thank you,
        Jacque Johnson
        Propeller, Inc.
        Phone-801.221.5999 (ext. 295)
        Fax-801.221.5993

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 21, 2000
          I also would like a copy of the label. Thanks for sharing.
          > We just did a great fireside on Feasting on the Word.
          > We sent out invitations telling them to Feast With Us
          > and we let them know dinner would be served. We had
          > the tables decorated and set with their plates and
          > silverware, scripture soup cans like from the Mormon
          > ad that me and my husband made up. Each plate had a
          > set of scriptures on it. We began by telling them
          > that each one of them had a wonderful feast before
          > them and our bishop spoke for about twenty minutes on
          > feasting upon the scriptures and the benefits they
          > would get from them. He compared it to how we eat at
          > around five o'clock on fast sunday. That we don't
          > just eat a cracker but we eat all we can and we enjoy
          > it and that is how we should come to love the
          > scriptures. Then I challenged them to set a goal of
          > what they would read daily abd write it down. Then we
          > physically feasted on a great dinner together. The
          > kids really enjoyed it. Anyway just an idea. If
          > anyone would like a copy of the scripture soup can
          > label email me and I'll have my husband send it to
          > you. I am amazed at what two heads can up with when
          > they put them together.
          > Miriam Arroyo

          > http://mail.yahoo.com/

        • sally walker
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 21, 2000
            I'm new to my calling as young women's president so i'm looking for ideas. I
            love your "feasting on the word" activity. Could you please send me a copy
            of the soup can labe? thanks a lot. Sally
            swalkon@...
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 21, 2000
              Could you please send me a copy in Word format (I don;t know how to convert
              from one type to another) Thanks!
              Laurie
            • Alycemarie Turley-Pond
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 4 11:33 AM
                Hi,

                I just read your email about your fireside and it sounds great. I would
                lovve to get a copy of your soup can please send me a copy. Thank you so
                much for sharing this wonerful fireside.

                ATP

                Miriam Arroyo wrote:

                > We just did a great fireside on Feasting on the Word.
                > We sent out invitations telling them to Feast With Us
                > and we let them know dinner would be served. We had
                > the tables decorated and set with their plates and
                > silverware, scripture soup cans like from the Mormon
                > ad that me and my husband made up. Each plate had a
                > set of scriptures on it. We began by telling them
                > that each one of them had a wonderful feast before
                > them and our bishop spoke for about twenty minutes on
                > feasting upon the scriptures and the benefits they
                > would get from them. He compared it to how we eat at
                > around five o'clock on fast sunday. That we don't
                > just eat a cracker but we eat all we can and we enjoy
                > it and that is how we should come to love the
                > scriptures. Then I challenged them to set a goal of
                > what they would read daily abd write it down. Then we
                > physically feasted on a great dinner together. The
                > kids really enjoyed it. Anyway just an idea. If
                > anyone would like a copy of the scripture soup can
                > label email me and I'll have my husband send it to
                > you. I am amazed at what two heads can up with when
                > they put them together.
                > Miriam Arroyo

                > Yahoo! Mail – Free email you can access from anywhere!
                > http://mail.yahoo.com/

              • Miriam Arroyo
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 4 6:51 PM
                  Go to www.Hattiesburgward.com and click on the soup
                  can label link and it will take you to it!

                  http://mail.yahoo.com/
                • Norm Chapman
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 4 8:49 PM
                    Could you explain how you made the soup label? I would like to use it but
                    with a little different theme. Please e-mail me at nchapman@....
                    Thanks