Re: [lcwn] solderfest!!

  • Joe Loritz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2013
      Mechanical things like lightbulbs tend to be fairly EMP proof...

      It is possible to set of blasting caps though, so it might be possible
      if the wavelength of the emitter was a function of the filament length,
      or one of the wires feeding the blub.

      Quoting j5_lowe <j5_lowe@...>:
      > ok .. my next project is a bit weird....
      >

      > I have seen my friends playing around with emp... but one thing i
      > observed was
      > that it was not powerful enough to take out a bulb (even a micro. edison.
      > screw.). Many told me it was impossible... google searches showed
      > the same.
      >
      > So my question here is :- is it possible practically to make an emp strong
      > enough (and small enough :-) ) to distrupt a 3V m.e.s bulb?
      >
      > (I wonder if it could overheat the tungsten filament.)

    • Ewig Mannschopfer
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 23, 2013
        Thanks Ben!  Although I decided to stall the project for now, I now have a decent knowledge of HV electronics at my disposal.. i guess i will study some more on the subject before I try to do some crazy thing.!!!  ( which i am gonna do soon  :-) )