Request For Articles: Cybertech Zine Issue #25

  • thomasicom
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2009
      Via: http://ticom.livejournal.com/170845.html

      The time has come, the editor said, to talk of many things,
      Of scanning, surveillance, telemetry,
      Of fanciful hacking flings,
      Does big brother have all the toys?
      Or can we clip his wings?
      Guidelines
      Topic: Scanning/Surveillance/Telemetry
      Submission Deadline: September 1st, 2009
      Email: cybertechzine@...
      Acceptable Formats: Microsoft Word, Open Office, Rich Text, ASCII. Pictures in bitmap or jpeg.

      Articles should be illustrated or have accompanying photographs, and be in a DIY-type format, although we do occasionally accept a well-written op-ed piece. The reader should be able to take the information in the article and do something after they finish reading. Difficulty level can be from beginner to advanced. We like to have something for everyone. Material should be previously unpublished, and by submitting an article you grant Cybertech Zine first release rights.

      Prospective contributors can peruse the back issues collection available at the following web site: http://gbppr.dyndns.org/2600/TAP/cybertek/index.html to get a feel for the zine, and then feel free to go off and do their own thing. Accepted authors will receive a free hardcopy edition of Issue #25, the gratitude of the technological underground community, and an additional entry in their DHS file.
    • multiplx@athenet.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 12, 2009
        Sounds very good.. there already is an issue #25 though!

        Quoting thomasicom <ticomiirg@...>:
        > Via: http://ticom.livejournal.com/170845.html
        >
        > The time has come, the editor said, to talk of many things,
        > Of scanning, surveillance, telemetry,
        > Of fanciful hacking flings,
        > Does big brother have all the toys?
        > Or can we clip his wings?
        > Guidelines
        > Topic: Scanning/Surveillance/Telemetry
        > Submission Deadline: September 1st, 2009
        > Email: cybertechzine@...
        > Acceptable Formats: Microsoft Word, Open Office, Rich Text, ASCII.
        > Pictures in
        > bitmap or jpeg.
        >
        > Articles should be illustrated or have accompanying photographs, and be in a
        > DIY-type format, although we do occasionally accept a well-written
        > op-ed piece.
        > The reader should be able to take the information in the article and do
        > something after they finish reading. Difficulty level can be from beginner to
        > advanced. We like to have something for everyone. Material should be
        > previously
        > unpublished, and by submitting an article you grant Cybertech Zine
        > first release
        > rights.
        >
        > Prospective contributors can peruse the back issues collection
        > available at the
        > following web site:
        > http://gbppr.dyndns.org/2600/TAP/cybertek/index.html to get
        > a feel for the zine, and then feel free to go off and do their own thing.
        > Accepted authors will receive a free hardcopy edition of Issue #25, the
        > gratitude of the technological underground community, and an
        > additional entry in
        > their DHS file.

      • thomasicom
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 13, 2009
          You're absolutely right, and I feel like a complete and total dumbass for making that mistake.

          Replace all instances of "25" with "26".

          Deadline is still the same. Topic is still the same. Email is still cybertechzine(at)gmail(dot)com.

          -Your slightly addled Cybertech Zine editor.