1713Re: [lcwn] diy radar

  • Joe Loritz
    Jan 28, 2014

      I'm working on the Greg Charvat MIT radar right now... I'll document it when it's all done, but will probably be a few months away.

      You can start by taking an old X-band police radar and repacing the Gunnplexer assembly with a real oscillator/amplifier/mixer assembly to increase the range.  You'll need to use seperate antennas for TX and RX for proper isolation.  Use those little satellite TV dishes with a spillover plate between then.

      I tried pulsing a microwave oven magnetron, but it didn't turn out very well.. Most of the documents for that project are here:

      http://blockyourid.com/~gbpprorg/mil/radar/

      On 28 Jan 2014 10:43:20 -0800, mckim11235@... wrote:

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic