1702Re: [lcwn] Jammers:- then and now?

  • Joe Loritz
    Feb 6, 2013
      That was back when most TVs where unshieled and the channels where in
      the VHF-low and VHF-mid bands, so simple little jammers would work.
      You'd create a bunch of pulses using fast-rise times then isolate and
      amplify which ever harmonic landed on the channel you wanted to jam, or
      just make a free-running oscillator near the same frequency.

      Those 555 timer EMP devices can work, but only at a very, very short
      range - you basically have to place the target device inside the pulse
      loop. They only work on things like clocks or calculators. I want to
      make a high power version someday to jam the sync frequencies on video
      cameras...