Surprise sale + secrets and something comes down the glen

  • LCRW/Small Beer
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2010
      Surprise! We have books on sale!
      Where to find Karen, Kathe, Vincent, and more
      New LCRW�new sub options, too
      A Chapbook Was Sighted Coming Down the Glen: Hal Duncan
      Daily Planner: discounts available here, too
      Secret books
      More: Simon & Schuster, Amnesty International, McSweeney's

      Sale!
      We offer you large percentages that stay in your wallet.
      Free shipping as usual!

      New hardcovers 40% off!
      New paperbacks 30%+ off!
      Daily Planner: $9.95
      Preorders: 25% off!
      Backlist: heavily discounted!

      Media Mail shipping is free in the USA.
      Please add shipping for Priority Mail or International

      http://smallbeerpress.com/shopping/
      http://smallbeerpress.com/shopping/#shipping
      http://smallbeerpress.com/shopping/preorder/

      Don't want all that paper? Go Weightless: the new center of gravity for indie publishing!
      http://weightlessbooks.com

      Where to find Kathe Koja on Fragments of Desire . . . Karen Joy Fowler on seeing . . . Michael J. DeLuca on a Gruit Quest . . . Vincent McCaffrey on selling crabs for books! . . . John Crowley on Meta for You and Me . . . and Edward Gauvin on The Belgian School of the Strange . . . and more!

      We have tons of authors posting on our site for the next couple of weeks. Send them a note, read along, Digg it (never did do that), catch up and follow along:
      http://smallbeerpress.com/category/not-a-journal/

      At last: a new issue of LCRW is out. Keeping back the forces of ennui, interruption, and distraction (add own interrupting cow/email joke here), we've managed to catch up on reading (ok, not really), and found 8 great stories (dread pirate ships, dread submersibles, dread sheds! Alice, Three-Hat Juan, and welders in love) and some excellent poetry to send your way.

      Also: Ted Chiang on folk biology and Dear Aunt Gwenda sorts things out for us. Phew.
      Get your copy here:
      http://smallbeerpress.com/lcrw/2010/11/18/lady-churchill%E2%80%99s-rosebud-wristlet-no-26/

      A Chapbook Was Sighted Coming Down the Glen: Hal Duncan

      No actual glens or Glens sighted in this chapbook. Not available for preorder. Not available for sale. Not available to see. But: at least now you know it's coming. Hal Duncan, An A-Z of the Fantastic City. Cover and interior art by Eric Schaller. Coming next spring in lovely signed or still-lovely unsigned edition.

      . . . chocolate + an LCRW-engraved wooden six-pack!
      . . . chocolate + a Daily Planner
      . . . chocolate + many chapbooks
      . . . chocolate + 2 issue of Alchemy
      . . . chocolate + 7 issues of Crank!
      or, for $1,000 dollars you get 4 issues of LCRW + chocolate + a $965 donation to Franciscan Hospital for Children! Aren't you tempted?

      That mug: http://www.cafepress.com/lcrw.526761

      And, lastly, if you've been waiting until we offered a paper-free edition to subscribe to . . . here it is!

      $10 will get you 4 issues in the format of your choice�PDF, epub, mobi, lit.

      With this ebook sub being available we'll probably discontinue the Telepathic Subscription. The mindmelding it required was harder and harder to schedule. Those subscribers whose subscriptions have a few more issue to run, we'll think you later and work something out.

      (Have you seen Paypal's slogan about being the "most loved" pay system? Who loves a shopping cart? Maybe that's not a question one should ask if one is relying on them for a couple of websites. But, come on, really? Loves? I like it, sure. Weird.)

      BTW, you don't have to join Paypal to use Paypal to get our books & stuff. You can use a credit card without joining. or send a check:
      http://smallbeerpress.com/shopping/mail-order/

      How about discounts on multiple copies of that Daily Planner?
      http://smallbeerpress.com/downloads/2011_order_form.pdf

      Preview many of our books:
      http://www.scribd.com/Small%20Beer%20Press
      http://www.scribd.com/doc/27176396/Small-Beer-Press-2010-Catalog

      Secret books

      What's 2011 (or 2012) got TK?

      New Joan Aiken! Uncollected and unpublished stories: The Monkey's Wedding and Other Stories
      More Vincent McCaffrey: A Slepyng Hound to Wake�the second Hound novel is even stronger than the first!
      More Geoff Ryman: The Child Garden, Was, The Unconquered Country

      More random holiday saving:

      Some excellent cards (via The Graniud):
      http://cardaidshop.co.uk/productinfo.aspx?tier1=Humorous&tier2=Packs&tier3=&catref=73517

      American Express would cynically like to manipulate you and us into buying at least $25 worth of stuff at a small business this Saturday. For which, we think, you get $25 back on your card. Not sure it's believable (must check Snopes!) but since there are books awaiting for us at the Brookline Booksmith and kiddly things at Magic Beans we'll check it out.

      Enter the code THNXGV10 and get $5.00 off any Amnesty Apparel. Free Shipping on orders of $25 or more, just remember to click on the free shipping option at checkout. Thank you for shopping at our online store - every purchase you make supports our life-saving human rights work!
      http://www.amnestyusa.org/AIUSA_Store_YE2010.php

      Want more Holly Black books at 1/2 price? Or Cassandra Claire, Stephen King, or any other Simon & Schuster books? Today's deal at Groupon is 50% off S&S books!
      http://www.groupon.com/r/uu8337818

      McSweeney's have an excellent Advent Calendar of Saving:
      http://store2.mcsweeneys.net/advent

      And, lastly, instead of a useless piece of crap, send a book and donate something to one of these (all year through and) holiday faves:

      http://www.pih.org
      http://www.greenpeaceusa.org
      http://www.habitat.org | http://www.pioneervalleyhabitat.org | http://www.durhamhabitat.org
      http://www.heifer.org
      http://www.franciscanhospital.org
      http://www.ronmcdhouse.com
      http://www.childrenshospital.org
      http://www.grameenfoundation.org
      http://www.kiva.org/

      Peace!

      Thanks for reading!

      --
      New: Karen Joy Fowler � Ted Chiang � Kathe Koja � More? Mais oui.

      http://smallbeerpress.com
      http://weightlessbooks.com
      http://www.facebook.com/smallbeerpress
      http://www.scribd.com/doc/27176396/Small-Beer-Press-2010-Catalog