New Books from Small Beer Press

  • LCRW
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2001
      Small Beer Press are pleased to announce that next summer they will publish
      two new books from Carol Emshwiller.

      The books, an allegorical novel, THE MOUNT, and as as yet untitled
      collection of short fiction, will be published as trade paperbacks in July
      2002.

      Carol Emshwiller has published three novels, including LEDOYT and CARMEN
      DOG, and three collections of short fiction.

      We're not the only people who love this writer:

      The New York Times on LEDOYT: "Ms. Emshwiller is so gifted..." and on CARMEN
      DOG: "Warm, compassionate and refreshingly jargon-free...."

      "I've loved Carol Emshwiller's work for years. Her imagination is fierce and
      funny, never mean." -- Grace Paley

      "Emshwiller's characters embrace the unexpected and extraordinary" --
      Publishers Weekly

      In July 2001 Small Beer Press published their first two books, Kelly Link's
      STRANGER THINGS HAPPEN ("a dazzling debut," New York Times, Salon.com) and
      Ray Vukcevich's MEET ME IN THE MOON ROOM ("Inventive and Entertaining,"
      Publishers Weekly). The books have been very well received and both are in
      their second printing.

      For more information, contact Gavin Grant at info@...

      More? http://www.lcrw.net/press.htm

      --
      Small Beer Press
      http://www.lcrw.net

      Kelly Link, Stranger Things Happen -- The Village Voice: Our 25 Favorite
      Books of 2001
      http://villagevoice.com/issues/0149/25favorites.php

      Ray Vukcevich, Meet Me in the Moon Room

      Lady Churchill's Rosebud Wristlet, No. 9