Impac Nomination and a Sale

  • Small Beer/LCRW
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2003
      Nomination
      Sale
      Chapbooks...
      Notes
      Free T-shirts for 5 Lucky Folks
      Nominate Something

      -+-

      Carol Emshwiller's novel THE MOUNT has been nominated for The Impac Award,
      perhaps the richest annual literary prize. Good luck, Carol! Is there
      reprinting news about THE MOUNT (and other Emshwiller titles)? Maybe there
      will be soon, keep an eye on our site in the new year.

      -+-

      Big Sale. Special Offer. Have you seen this? http://www.lcrw.net/special.htm
      Get a free chapbook when you order either Trampoline or Kalpa Imperial from
      our website. Offer ends 12/31/03

      -+-

      Our New(ish) Chapbooks Have At Last Arrived. We are proud, relieved, happy.
      They are selling faster than ever before. Is this because we added the line
      "Limited to an edition of 500" on the copyright page? All our chapbooks are
      groovy low-priced limited editions.

      -+-

      We are holidazed.

      -+-

      Avocados are the new peaches.

      -+-

      Free T-Shirt

      Yep. First 5 people to email us at info@... will receive a t-shirt for
      Karen Joy Fowler's new (April 2004) novel THE JANE AUSTEN BOOK CLUB.

      It may or may not arrive in time for the holiday of your choice. Especially
      if that holiday is sometime in January. On the front a wonderful quote from
      the ur-novelist herself, Jane Austen: "You want to be reading." Wear it with
      verve.

      Pre-order the book here:
      http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=1-0399151613-0&partner_id=26490

      -+-

      New Review:

      Kalpa Imperial and Ursula K. Le Guin's Changing Planes reviewed in The
      Village Voice: http://villagevoice.com/issues/0351/mcelroy.php

      -+-

      New! Exciting! Interstitial! What? Read about it all here:
      http://www.artistswithoutborders.org/
      One of the best and deepest new websites around -- and they want volunteers,
      money, and content for that wesbite. Go for it!

      -+-

      Want to read short stories? Really short stories? Lots of them?
      http://www.journalscape.com/christopherrowe

      -+-

      Nominate stuff from Zines:

      The Zine Yearbook Volume 8 will include excerpts from zines published in
      2003, but we can't pick the best without your input! Tell us what should be
      included! Eligible zines must have been printed in 2003 and have
      circulations of less than 5,000 copies per issue. All you need to do is
      photocopy the article or artwork that you want nominate, and include the
      zine's name and address with your entry. Please send your nominations to:

      The Zine Yearbook
      PO Box 20128
      Toledo, OH, 43610, USA

      All entries must be received by February 1, 2004.
      For more information, email: zineyearbook@....

      Look for The Zine Yearbook Vol 8 during summer 2004 from Soft Skull Press.

      http://www.clamormagazine.org/yearbook/

      -+-

      Happy holidays. Drive sober.

      Cheers,