Your stack of zines is low? Don't worry. More are coming any day now.

  • LCRW
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2002
      Two Tour-ettes Still Out There
      More Stories to Read
      Who did Kelly Link read?
      Wonder Women
      Urban Pantheist (3)
      More Zine Days Coming

      DSOXNOSINCOSINXOSMVIYGW*SDXY WSPOX< WS{PX<SOUBVCIUDVYCUDVHXC

      First: Kelly Link is still on tour (driving across Montana with Shelley
      Jackson even as this is beamed from our outer space pod directly to your
      computer). The tour goes well: much driving is being driven, much good food
      found (much bad food avoided), good books are piling up in the back of the
      van, and new and old friends are dropping by to say hi and hello.

      Shelley is keeping a tour diary here:
      http://www.randomhouse.com/boldtype/0402/jackson/tourdiary.html
      -- and if you've been reading before, the good news is, a new day has come.

      Meanwhile, a little behind, Kelly is posting one here:
      http://www.booksense.com

      Here are the remaining tour dates:
      http://www.lcrw.net/kellylink/calendar.htm

      DSOXNOSINCOSINXOSMVIYGW*SDXY WSPOX< WS{PX<SOUBVCIUDVYCUDVHXC

      More News on Carol Emshwiller

      She's everywhere at once! Not only does she have a new story in Leviathan 3,
      she also has one up on Scifiction! Best of all, neither of these are from
      her new collection, Report to the Men's Club and Other Stories -- bonus!

      Click here to read "Josephine"

      http://www.scifi.com/scifiction/originals/originals_archive/emshwiller2/emsh
      willer21.html

      DSOXNOSINCOSINXOSMVIYGW*SDXY WSPOX< WS{PX<SOUBVCIUDVYCUDVHXC

      Even though these links to the Washington Post (which as they break across
      the link you may need to cut and paste, sorry) aren't really supposed to
      last long, these still appear to work (don't tell anyone!):

      Kelly Link on Joan Aiken:

      "My father read me Tolkien, my mother read C.S. Lewis. That was how it
      started. The first book I found for myself, once I could read on my own and
      was sick of rereading Tolkien, was Joan Aiken's The Wolves of Willoughby
      Chase...."

      Click here to read on:
      http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A6
      2470-2002Apr4¬Found=true

      -- There's a short interview with Joan Aiken here:
      http://www.booksense.com/people/archive/aikenjoan.jsp

      Wonder Women
      The feminization of sf culture, from Judith Merrill to Angela Carter and
      beyond.
      Elizabeth Hand in the Washington Post on Wonder Women:
      http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A6
      2474-2002Apr4¬Found=true

      DSOXNOSINCOSINXOSMVIYGW*SDXY WSPOX< WS{PX<SOUBVCIUDVYCUDVHXC

      Got a pic of it up at last: The new Urban Pantheist (that'd be no.3, if
      you're counting) is here, and damned if it ain't another good one. Not a
      good thing to pick up while waiting for the old computer to do something,
      'cause that thing might just happen, and you'll just keep on reading.
      Personal experience, is anything a better warning?
      http://www.lcrw.net/nonlcrwpages/urban.htm

      DSOXNOSINCOSINXOSMVIYGW*SDXY WSPOX< WS{PX<SOUBVCIUDVYCUDVHXC

      And! Ray Vukcevich has a couple of high profile stories out there right now,
      and we all know that means you should forget about reading that cereal box
      and get to Strange Horizons to read "Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Boy"
      http://www.strangehorizons.com/2002/20020520/icbm_boy.shtml

      Also, see if you can pick up a copy of "Rosebud," (No, not our zine, the
      glossy shiny single-wordedly titled magazine, you know, Rosebud) where Ray's
      name percolates through the pages right onto the cover: http://www.rsbd.net/

      DSOXNOSINCOSINXOSMVIYGW*SDXY WSPOX< WS{PX<SOUBVCIUDVYCUDVHXC

      There's a message in that line above, if you care to decipher it.

      DSOXNOSINCOSINXOSMVIYGW*SDXY WSPOX< WS{PX<SOUBVCIUDVYCUDVHXC

      These are exciting days. Wiscon (http://www.sf3.org/wiscon) is almost upon
      us where the premier issue of Turbocharged Fortune Cookie
      (http://www.turbocookie.net) is promised, where we will have a party for
      Carol Emshwiller and her wonderful and joyously pretty Two New Books, where
      there is also promised a Chapbook from the Rat Bastards, and More Small
      Press Fever Shall Build in the Land and Only Good Things Will be Published.
      And we should go get some sleep now, all of us. It's been a long year, and
      it's only May.

      In June, maybe see you here: http://www.clamormagazine.org/upc/

      Oh yeah, soon come another Lady Churchill's Rosebud Wristlet -- not that the
      website reflects that, yet. Huh.

      News from LCRW no.9:

      -- "Simple Living" by Margaret Muirhead will be reprinted in this year's
      Zine Yearbook!
      -- "Annabelle's Alphabet" by Tim Pratt will be reprinted in both the The
      Best of the Rest 3 and The Year's Best Fantasy & Horror XV!
      http://www.lcrw.net/issues/lcrw9.htm

      No.10 has stories from Jeffrey Ford, Christopher Barzak, Steven Bratman, a
      glossy pull-out centerpiece excerpt of Barbara Gilly's first novel, Timmi
      Duchamp on a mystery or two, William Smith on the movies, and a few more
      wonderful things. Call us generous (or daft, either way), this one's a good
      48 pages.

      DSOXNOSINCOSINXOSMVIYGW*SDXY WSPOX< WS{PX<SOUBVCIUDVYCUDVHXC

      Looking for a book to get you out of your rut, or to knock some sense into
      someone you know (especially if they're an architect!), go read Rural Studio
      by Andrea Dean. You get it, you pass it on. It's great. Seriously now:
      http://www.booksense.com/people/archive/deanandrea.jsp

      G'night.

      Small b.