Re: Luther college observing

  • coley1672
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 9, 2008
      The night of August 1st is the Rochester Astronomy Club's 1st annual StarBQ, down by the
      IA border near Spring Grove. We're grilling out starting around 6pm and soem of us will
      be camping there through the night to observe. It's BYO beverage & meat, and we'll
      provide all the fixings. We're planning on making it a two night event, weather permitting.

      So...I hope you all can make it to that! The rain date is August 29/30th.

      --- In laxastro@yahoogroups.com, wo0w <WO0W@...> wrote:

      > A visit to Luther College to observe may interest some. Go to
      > http://astronomy.luther.edu/public_observing.htm for information.
      >
      > The distance from La Crescent is about 51 miles, estimated by
      > StreetAtlas to take an hour and a half. This is a bit less than the
      > trip to the college in Rochester
      >
      > The next public program is Friday, August 1, from 9:30 PM until 10:30.
      > For details for the evening, go to
      > http://astronomy.luther.edu/observing_info.htm
      >
      > There are 2 12" Meades and 2 10" Meades in the observatory. They retire
      > to a planetarium show if wx is bad.
      >
      > Any interest in car pooling?
      >
      > Regards, Red

    • Mike Rowlands
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 10, 2008
        I'm planning on the StarBQ!

        Red, maybe we can do the September meeting (if there is one).

        Nicole, I can't seem to find a map on the RAC website.  Help?  By the way, the talk in the RAC events forum is for the last weekend in June.  It's for sure August 1?

        Mike R.

        The night of August 1st is the Rochester Astronomy Club's 1st annual StarBQ, down by the
        IA border near Spring Grove. We're grilling out starting around 6pm and soem of us will
        be camping there through the night to observe. It's BYO beverage & meat, and we'll
        provide all the fixings. We're planning on making it a two night event, weather permitting.

        So...I hope you all can make it to that! The rain date is August 29/30th.

        --- In laxastro@yahoogroup s.com, wo0w <WO0W@...> wrote:

        > A visit to Luther College to observe may interest some. Go to
        > http://astronomy. luther.edu/ public_observing .htm for information.
        >
        > The distance from La Crescent is about 51 miles, estimated by
        > StreetAtlas to take an hour and a half. This is a bit less than the
        > trip to the college in Rochester
        >
        > The next public program is Friday, August 1, from 9:30 PM until 10:30.
        > For details for the evening, go to
        > http://astronomy. luther.edu/ observing_ info.htm
        >
        > There are 2 12" Meades and 2 10" Meades in the observatory. They retire
        > to a planetarium show if wx is bad.
        >
        > Any interest in car pooling?
        >
        > Regards, Red

      • Astrochoker
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 12, 2008
          Count me in for the StarBQ to.

          Phil

          --- In laxastro@yahoogroups.com, Mike Rowlands <fastsedan@...> wrote:

          > I'm planning on the StarBQ!
          >
          > Red, maybe we can do the September meeting (if there is one).
          >
          > Nicole, I can't seem to find a map on the RAC website.  Help?  By
          the way, the talk in the RAC events forum is for the last weekend in
          June.  It's for sure August 1?

          > Mike R.

        • Mike R.
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 12, 2008
            Doh! I was getting the original JUne date confused with JUly! Please
            ignore my senility! Still could use a map/directions though.

            Later,

            Mike R.