Become a Notary Public in California
Notary publics in California serve as witness to document signings and administer oaths. While there is a course of study a prospective notary must follow, and there is a testing and application process, becoming a notary public is relatively easy.
To become a Notary Public in the state of California, one is required to meet all the required qualifications below:
1. Must be 18 years old and above
2. A legal resident of California
3. Completed the Secretary of State's approved course of study
4. Completed and passed the Secretary of State's prescribed written examination
5. Passed the background check