Re: Lawson Surname N.W. Missouri

  • stan1676
    Message 1 of 73 , Apr 4, 2000
      Hi Tanya, It's me again. Well my sis helped
      straighten my head out. Robert Boyd was my dad's 1st cousin.
      If I remember what sis said that Robert Boyd was
      from our Harlow side of the family and so wasn't
      listed in the family book. I may still not have my head
      squared on that statement. His father was Bert Lawson.
      Just a sec and I'll get enlarged newspaper clipping my
      sis sent on Bert passing away. Bert Lawson of Lock
      Springs died at 10:15 Fri. But it does not give date or
      year in the clipping and my mother did not write date
      of newspaper on the clipping, and mom is deceased
      now. He was 70yrs old. Bert was the son of Enoch
      Lawson and Sarah Matilda (Linville) Lawson. Bert was b.
      May 3, 1890 that added to his 70 yrs tells he died in
      1960. He was mar., to Mary Harlow which is in my blood
      line as my dad was son of Harlow on maternal side.
      Bert attend my families school. The
      Brookshire/Brookshier school. I'am Stanley Boyd Brookshier, Sr., There
      is also two brother's of Bert's, Ray of Gallatin and
      Fred of Lock Springs. As for Robert Boyd he may be
      deceased or moved from the area. I'll have to call my
      cousin Larry Johnston in Chillicothe to see if he can
      tell me. Bert also had sisters and 6 step children.
      Bert left 13 gran children and 11 great granchildren.
      He's buried in family lot in Lock Springs Missouri.
      Your Lawsons maybe decended from Ray or Fred they
      would be deceased also. Does this help you Tanya. Your
      Missouri born cousin? Stan.
    • fesha77
      Message 73 of 73 , Apr 26, 2008
        I havestuff on both sides.The Lawson family and Amandas husband David
        Cox.Do you still need information.