Re: Prior Criminal Record

  • lawguy2008
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2009
      thanks for the advice, but how deep into your background does the bar
      go..My incident was when I was around 11 years old...You think they
      go that far back?
      --- In lawschoolbarinfo@yahoogroups.com, "lawschoolbarhelp"
      <lawschoolbarhelp@...> wrote:

      > In my opinion, you should make an application amendment as soon as
      > possible with the law school. One of the first things the Bar does
      is
      > compare their application with your law school application. I have
      > friend in this situation and the Bar made him amend to the law
      school;
      > he is still waiting on any action the law school may take. It is
      > better for you to amend now, rather than having the Bar make you
      AFTER
      > they find out you didn't disclose initially.
      > Hope this helps.
      > LSBH
      >

      > --- In lawschoolbarinfo@yahoogroups.com, "lawguy2008" <lawguy2008@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > My bar deadline as a 1L is approaching soon so I can get the
      discounted
      > > rate and I am afraid to reveal an arrest I had as a minor that I
      did
      > > not disclose to my law school when applying? Do you think if I
      > > disclose it to the Bar that they will find out that I did not
      disclose
      > > it to my law school? Any recommendation son how to deal with
      this
      > > situation?

    • aalmi002
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2009
        I'm somehow wouldn't be surprised! So, you gotta mess up for that stick of gum you stole
        at Walgreens. ;)