Re: ZAY7045 mill from Lathemaster, motor removal

  • gelinasmarc
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1 6:11 PM
      Thank you for the suggestions. As for why I wish to remove it, I'm
      considering going to a 2hp VFD controlled motor.
    • Druid Noibn
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1 8:23 PM
        Hi,

        Did you find a metric motor or making an adapter for a 56c frame type motor? Leeson has a motor that fits, it is a little pricey.

        Also - I believe the original motor as a 19mm dia. shaft - so a US motor will also need a sleeve.

        Take care,
        DBN

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2 6:47 PM
          Hello again, that's essentially why I wanted to remove it. As far as
          frame type and shaft diameter are concerned, I haven't got the motor
          yet. But since I reside in Canada, metric motors might be a bit easier
          to find. I do want to get the motor off to check shaft diameter and
          length. But theses are all long processes for me since time in the
          shop is very limited these days (so's the budjet!). And thanks for the
          information.