RE: [lascruceshomeschool] So where are we at on park days?

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29, 2005
      Is there any way we can do Thursdays instead? Fridays are possible, but I
      will be able to be there more faithfully on Thursdays. I think from the
      previous responses that others said that Thursdays were possible for them,
      too. If not, I will make it on Fridays when I can. I seriously was just
      about to post a time and day just to get something going--thanks Rebecca for
      taking the initiative!

      For those who are interested and don't know, the homeschool co-op that I
      participate in tries to schedule a field trip for the first Friday of the
      month, and the co-op is the 3rd Friday of the month. The co-ops this year
      will focus on learning about other countries. The children will make
      "passports" during the first co-op, and then different families will teach
      about different countries each month. It is all extremely informal with
      families participating as much/as little as they want.

      Also the homeschool PE group will start again on the Wednesday after Labor
      Day. If you want more details about field trips, co-op, or PE, let me know,
      and I can get out my paperwork to be more specific.

      Anyway, this Friday I can't host or attend, but this Thursday I can.
      Otherwise, I can host next Friday (or Thursday).

      Melani
    • Renee Beltran
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
        Melani,

        Having recently spoken to Bruce and Mary Huhmann, I will say that they had
        almost identical thoughts regarding Thursday versus Friday. I was one who
        said Thursdays would work for us, and I will reiterate that.

        So, I guess the question is: Is there any interested party who *can't* make
        it on Thursdays?

        Renee

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
          Hi,

          Thursdays is best for us. We would miss about 1/2 the Fridays due to
          other commitments.

          Rebecca's suggestion of 10:30 would suit us fine.

          Where do we want to meet? Mesilla has some nice parks with a little
          shade, lots of grass, and play equipment. Unidad Park has a big play
          structure for kids and even swings and an area for toddlers. Do
          either of those sound good?

          Bruce

          --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "Renee Beltran"
          <rbeltra@z...> wrote:
          > Melani,
          >
          > Having recently spoken to Bruce and Mary Huhmann, I will say that
          they had
          > almost identical thoughts regarding Thursday versus Friday. I was
          one who
          > said Thursdays would work for us, and I will reiterate that.
          >
          > So, I guess the question is: Is there any interested party who
          *can't* make
          > it on Thursdays?
          >
          > Renee

          8/29/2005