So where are we at on park days?

  • RLescombes
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29, 2005
      Fridays seem to be good for everyone that's responded... Time? Maybe
      10:30? I can host 9/16, but I won't be able to make it before then
      unfortunately. Can anyone else host sooner?

      For any lurkers out there, by "hosting" I just mean "be there". Not a
      huge commitment, but it's nice to make sure someone's going to be there!

      Rebecca
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 29, 2005
        Is there any way we can do Thursdays instead? Fridays are possible, but I
        will be able to be there more faithfully on Thursdays. I think from the
        previous responses that others said that Thursdays were possible for them,
        too. If not, I will make it on Fridays when I can. I seriously was just
        about to post a time and day just to get something going--thanks Rebecca for
        taking the initiative!

        For those who are interested and don't know, the homeschool co-op that I
        participate in tries to schedule a field trip for the first Friday of the
        month, and the co-op is the 3rd Friday of the month. The co-ops this year
        will focus on learning about other countries. The children will make
        "passports" during the first co-op, and then different families will teach
        about different countries each month. It is all extremely informal with
        families participating as much/as little as they want.

        Also the homeschool PE group will start again on the Wednesday after Labor
        Day. If you want more details about field trips, co-op, or PE, let me know,
        and I can get out my paperwork to be more specific.

        Anyway, this Friday I can't host or attend, but this Thursday I can.
        Otherwise, I can host next Friday (or Thursday).

        Melani
      • Renee Beltran
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
          Melani,

          Having recently spoken to Bruce and Mary Huhmann, I will say that they had
          almost identical thoughts regarding Thursday versus Friday. I was one who
          said Thursdays would work for us, and I will reiterate that.

          So, I guess the question is: Is there any interested party who *can't* make
          it on Thursdays?

          Renee

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
            Hi,

            Thursdays is best for us. We would miss about 1/2 the Fridays due to
            other commitments.

            Rebecca's suggestion of 10:30 would suit us fine.

            Where do we want to meet? Mesilla has some nice parks with a little
            shade, lots of grass, and play equipment. Unidad Park has a big play
            structure for kids and even swings and an area for toddlers. Do
            either of those sound good?

            Bruce

            --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "Renee Beltran"
            <rbeltra@z...> wrote:
            > Melani,
            >
            > Having recently spoken to Bruce and Mary Huhmann, I will say that
            they had
            > almost identical thoughts regarding Thursday versus Friday. I was
            one who
            > said Thursdays would work for us, and I will reiterate that.
            >
            > So, I guess the question is: Is there any interested party who
            *can't* make
            > it on Thursdays?
            >
            > Renee

            8/29/2005